PDA

View Full Version : Firehawk debuts at Kings Island

SallyP
05-26-2007, 09:55 AM
If anyone in the Cincy, Mason, Columbus, etc. area rides the Firehawk let us know about your experience please!

Firehawk debuts at Kings Island
THE CINCINNATI ENQUIRER May 26, 2007

Roller-coaster enthusiasts who've been waiting to try out Kings Island's new flying coaster Firehawk get their chance today.

Riders lie on their backs as they ascend a 115-foot-high lift hill. When they reach the top, they'll be flipped over to face the ground as they speed along a half-mile of track at 51 mph.

The first 2,500 riders each day through Tuesday will receive a commemorative Firehawk T-shirt.

Boomerang Bay Water Park also opens its gates for the season at 11 a.m.

The park is now open daily through Aug. 26. For information, call 800-952-7277 or go online to www.pki.com.

Firehawk

Description Thrill flyers experience heart-pounding excitement as Firehawk soars through more than ˝ a mile of steel tracking. Willing adventure seekers lie down to experience this 51 mph., top-secret, all-altitude airborne mission. But they’re certainly not relaxing – within seconds, each pilot is facing the ground, experiencing the inconceivable feeling of human flight.

Manufacturer Vekoma International

Track Length 3340 feet

Ride Speed 51 mph.

Height 115 feet

Angle of descent 30 degrees

Inversions 5

Hourly Capacity 400 guests per hour per train

Riders 24 (6 four-passenger rows per train)
2 trains

Ride Length 2:30 minutes

Height Requirement 54”

Location Coney Mall

Rockstar Boyfriends
05-27-2007, 05:52 PM
I rode Firehawk when it was at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure as X-Flight. It's an interesting ride. Going upside down in the loop is pretty neat.

A Foolish Mortal
06-22-2007, 06:38 PM
I've ridden Firehawk. It's ok. Nothing special.

ohiokel
08-04-2007, 10:26 PM
I rode Firehawk a couple of weeks ago. It's worth the wait to ride it the first time. But I didn't feel it was a ride I would go on over and over again. The best part is just the anticipation of what it is going to be like and how it feels when it flips you over to your stomach on top of the lift hill.