PDA

View Full Version : cbr or por

dreamofspain
05-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi everyone, My husband and I will be at WDW June 26-July 3. I've heard about difficulties with transportation at POR and was wondering if CBR's transportation is less crowded. Also, we're celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and would like to hear suggestions on which resort and building location would be suited for us. Thank you!!:mickey::confused::mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-26-2007, 08:02 AM
I can't help but I wanted to say, Happy Anniversary to you both:mickey:
I hope you have a great trip:party::cloud9:

dreamofspain
05-26-2007, 09:14 AM
That's very thoughtful of you to take the time to post. Thank you!
Jean in NH:party:

fatboy
05-26-2007, 09:28 AM
I have stayed it CBR at least 4 times. We never had a problem with transportation. Over the course of a stay you WILL encounter a crowded bus once in a while. You will have to wait ten minutes or so, but that is it. You Will also just get to the stop when the bus arrives, be on an empty bus. Transportation is usually really good. Like everything else it has a problem once in a while. If you stay in Martinique it is usually one of the first to be picked up!!

Bohms4
05-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I stayed at both. I definitely liked POR better than CBR and we had no problems with the transportation. The longest we waited for a bus was 15 minutes and that was only one time. Every other time we got lucky and the bus was either pulling up or pulled up within the next 5 to 8 minutes. We were there for 7 nights.

Tigerlilly
05-26-2007, 10:39 AM
We stayed at POFQ 3 weeks ago and had great experience with the busses except for going to MGM.

disney100%
05-26-2007, 01:01 PM
My family's favorite resort is POR (though we love CBR too). I have found, and we always have to go during peak season, that there wasn't any more of a wait for buses at POR than CBR. I did find with CBR (we were in South Trinidad) we usually had to stand no matter what time of day it was.

As for POR, my absolute favorite building is Magnolia Terrace. I find POR to be a little more peaceful than CBR. I think that is just because of the difference in theming and landscape. The boat ride to DtD is always a nice change of pace from taking the buses. We also really enjoy Bob the piano player at River Roost.

Either resort, you will have a nice vacation. Have a Happy Anniversary!

maizey05
05-26-2007, 04:10 PM
POR and CBR are my favorite moderates. Both were great as far as bus goes. The only time I've had a long wait, is after fireworks, etc...but that's just to be expected wherever you stay. Both resorts are great, of course PORFQ is smaller and more intimate and has the boat that goes to DTD. CBR has more pools, and a "beach". The big difference is the theming. Are you up for tropical, old south or french quarter??? Happy anniversary to you! You know, they do a "rehitching" ceremony at The Land in Epcot. (I always thought that would be fun.) Have a great vacation.:mickey:

dreamofspain
05-26-2007, 04:45 PM
really appreciate all the helpful posts!
Jean:party:

illini
05-26-2007, 08:12 PM
We've stayed at POR in Oct and late April (well after Easter). Both times, we had bus issues; second trip more than the first. It was usually OK hotel to park, but leaving the park at any moderately busy time was awful. Even though the POR line was longest, along with AS, the number of busses coming for the guests was either equal or fewer than the other resorts. CBR didn't generally have a line from what I recall. Busses would pull up, pick up the 12 guests from AK and head out, while HUNDREDS waited at POR. It was so awful that I actually spoke to the manager and someone in transportation about it during the second trip. Other guests were doing the same.
It's a gorgeous resort and the staff is lovely, but I despise their busses.

disneycraze
05-27-2007, 12:27 AM
My wife and I have stayed at POR twice, once on our Honeymoon and once on our fifth-year anniversary. Both times we stayed at Riverside (bayou section), mostly because the style fits us more than French Quarter or the Georgian Plantation themes.
We went starting Sept 1 through the 10th. The first time traffice wasn't bad and we didn't have any troubles at all. This last time we thought traffic was a bit busier, which surprised us. But I do love the water-transportation to Downtown Disney, it is leisurly and peaceful at night and I'd recommend the resort for that alone, aside from the great dining options and pools.
The last time I stayed at CBR was quite a few years ago, but what I remember it seemed to be a tad busy as well. But again, that one I can't speak about completely. :D

Kairi_7378
05-27-2007, 08:20 AM
We didn't have any trouble with transportation to and from POR. We did try to time the times that we left each park so that the bus line wouldn't be too long.
I highly recommend building 27 in the Bayou section (if that theming appeals to you.) It is pretty close to the main building and the main bus stop but not so close that half of the resort walks past your window in the morning. We had a king sized bed in a corner room and it was very secluded. Building 18 is also a good bet.

Squeaky Mouse
05-27-2007, 09:45 AM
We have found the transportation at the moderates to be comparable -- all can be pretty crowded.