PDA

View Full Version : Summer Concerts!

Emily
05-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Man, all the choices! I'm going to go flat broke trying to see everyone I'd like to see this summer. There are a few I've already got tickets for:

The Police in New Orleans :clappy: (SO excited about this one!!)
Josh Groban in Greenville, SC (already saw him here in Atl but I just love him, so I'm going back! :heart: )
Family Values Tour (Korn, Evanescence, etc. - tagging along on this one with some friends)

Maybe's:
Morrissey
Crowded House (what's up with the 80's bands coming back? I love it! :D)
Clay Aiken :blush:

Others I probably won't make but would like to:
The Fray
Rush
Stevie Nicks/Chris Isaak
Def Leppard/Styx/Foreigner :rocker: (I may have to break down and go to that one!)

I'd actually really like to see Blake from American Idol but I don't want to spend the money and sit through the other contestants! (particularly Sanjaya) Also, I think Daughtry will be here as part of a group of bands, and that wouldn't be bad either.

So... who are you going to see and/or want to see this summer? :)

Mr. Tom Morrow
05-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Gee Wiz . Your a busy concert goer! I like it:thumbsup:

I've got a few things planned so far.
Billy Talent
Snow Patrol
The Virgin Music Festival...this should be a good one it's got The Smashing Pumpkins, The Killers, The Arctic Monkeys. Interpol, Tokyo Police Club and a ton more bands.

I'd like to get out and see The Police and a few others but thats just not going to happen. I could spend my whole summer going to concerts, but for some reason my wife says it costs too much;)

Ian
05-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Thus far, no summer concert plans for me. I have tickets to see Genesis when they come in September and that's it.

I wanted to see The Police, but I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money.

Although supposedly they're playing at some festival-type show in Jersey on the same bill as the Smashing Pumpkins.

THAT I might spend the bucks for!

BriarRose0708
05-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Only going to one show so far, The Fray on June 17 with my sister! I hope I can get to Cleveland for DMB, but that's not looking possible now.

PirateLover
05-28-2007, 10:53 PM
I'd actually really like to see Blake from American Idol but I don't want to spend the money and sit through the other contestants! (particularly Sanjaya) Also, I think Daughtry will be here as part of a group of bands, and that wouldn't be bad either.

So... who are you going to see and/or want to see this summer? :)

I almost bought AI tour tickets for the same reason, but I'm betting on Blake getting a contract and doing his own tour without the AI shmaltz. Plus, I don't think I could put up with all the screaming girls. (Nothing against them, I was once an *NSYNC fan :blush:)

So far no concerts for me.... the last show I went to was the Kaiser Chiefs, and before that I don't even know. I just don't have the $$ right now... :(

Dracula766
05-29-2007, 10:08 PM
I saw Morrisey last night.
It was a GREAT show :rocker:
the 2nd half of the show was older Morrisey & Smiths songs. I was definitely impressed.

Shiny Toy Guns is playing this weekend while I'm at WDW. That will be alot of fun.

July will be a busy month. I 'll be at a show every week.
69 Eyes :bat:
GWAR :drummer::rocker:
Warped Tour:skate:

tinkerbelle75
05-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Taking my girls to see Jesse McCartney...:ack:

Kelly Clarkson and Cheap Trick for me,and *hopefully* the Cult will announce something,anything,anywhere!!:cloud9:

Kate In Wonderland
05-31-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm actually seeing Bryan Adams in August. The last time I saw him was in '92. Heehee!

Emily
05-31-2007, 10:03 PM
The Cult would be a great show... I saw them waaaay back in like 1987 I think? Guns N' Roses opened for them, awesome show! :thumbsup:

I'm actually thinking I may sell my Police tickets. :( Still mulling it over. With gas prices (8 hr drive to New Orleans) and getting a room for 2 nights, it's looking a bit too expensive. I'm torn. It looks like they might have a decent opening act like Maroon 5, Foo Fighters, etc., so my guess is it's going to be a great show. But I'm not made of money! :unsure:

TinksPixieDust
06-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Right now all I'm going to see is Kenny Chesney...wiiithhhh Brooks and Dunn, Sugarland, Sara Evans, and Pat Green!! wooowhooooo all day concert! :thumbsup: