PDA

View Full Version : time for DisneyQuest???

nicole48040
05-25-2007, 07:25 PM
How much time should I allot for the Disney Quest experience?????? Or should I bother????

Nekochan
05-26-2007, 07:32 AM
That depends on your age and interests. If you're a normal adult, you'll probably find a few games fun (I LOVE the pirates game) and then had enough. There's even a 'design your own roller coaster' game. 3 or 4 hours would probably be enough, and there's a very nice cheesecake factory counter service on the top floor. I would go at least once to experience the virtual reality game experience.

If you're an 11-16 year old video game fanatic boy, you could easily do 8 or 10 hours probably. Possibly several times.

Tink#64
05-26-2007, 07:54 AM
We did DQ last year with DS's then 8 & 10. We got there at 11:00 when they opened & stayed until around 5:00. Even going early in the morning we still waited in lines longer than I thought we would there. It was alot of fun, it was our 1st time to DQ. Although, that said, we won't do it again. We are glad we got to do it, some of the attractions were great, ie: pirates! But some were just OK. The virtual reality helmets were extremely heavy, even for myself, a 42 yr old woman, not to mention for an 8 year old child!DS's loved the Cyber Space Mountain, we did it a few times! They also really enjoyed everything in the Create section, making their own toys & buying them! Making their own songs & purchasing the CD! We enjoyed, but we were ready to go when we did!Six hours, we did most everything there & had lunch!:mickey:

tlhewitt52
05-26-2007, 09:41 AM
If you are going during a busy time of year I would say skip it when we were there last May we went and it was crowded you had to wait for the games and let's face it I have too kids and there is not patience or waiting for them. I thought we probably lost valuable time here that we could have used elsewhere!

psychotekkie
05-27-2007, 09:40 PM
If you have a Water Park fun & More option on your tickets, stop in to check it out one evening. That would be worthwhile.

If you are paying separately for it, then make sure you are into video games!

If you have very small children, don't bother.

MsMin
05-29-2007, 11:42 AM
We used to do it in Dec. when the park would close @ 6. It was a great evening activity. Now with the parties and dinner there isn't enough time.
I've gone once, my kids a couple times. Like mentioned it is a great experience. I love the simulated roller coaster and the bumper car ride is a fun family activity. I would say skip it if you were going during the busy summer months but it is closing isn't it???

TiggerRPh
05-29-2007, 11:55 PM
How much time should I allot for the Disney Quest experience?????? Or should I bother????

When are you going? It's slated to close in early 2008.

iceicebritney
06-05-2007, 10:18 PM
if you've been there before, dont bother.
if you've never been there - go during a wk day in the middle of the day if you can (like hit a water park in the morning, disney quest in the afternoon, and then into a park for or after dinner)

you can do everything worth doing in an hour on a wk day. there's really not that much to do. the kids in our party would much rather spend time in the hotel pool and then save the video games for in our hotel room right before bed.

thejens
06-05-2007, 11:40 PM
It is interesting to experience once, but only if you have extra time. My boys loved it even more than the water park, but I would rather not do it again. You could easily spend 4 -6 hours there. Teens and pre-teens will love it. Little kids, 6 and under, will not appreciate it as much. This 42 year old woman would rather do lots of other things in the World, but is glad she checked it out once!