PDA

View Full Version : POFQ Coffee makers?

MouseManiac
05-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Does anyone know if there are coffee makers in the Port Orleans French Quarter standard rooms?

Mummy's not too good without her morning coffee...and the sooner the better!:mcoffee:

Thanks!!:mickey:

jonsmom
05-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know if there are coffee makers in the Port Orleans French Quarter standard rooms?

Mummy's not too good without her morning coffee...and the sooner the better!:mcoffee:

Thanks!!:mickey:

We stayed in the standard rooms last month and had a coffee maker, but the coffee it makes is gross. The water tastes like chlorine even when yu have brewed coffee in it - best to go to the foodcourt.

pwdebbie
05-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Somewhere I read that the water in the ice cube makers is filtered. If you get ice cubes the night before and let them melt overnight, then use this water in your coffeemaker, your coffee will taste much better. I haven't been there yet, so I can't tell you how true this is. But I did tuck this little tidbit in the back of my head as my DH definitely needs to start his morning with coffee before we leave the room.

Deb

tinksmom02
05-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I used the coffee maker to make hot water for tea at POR and didn't notice a chlorine smell.

But yes, to answer your question, Mom will be able to have her early morning coffee!

kakn7294
05-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Yes, there is a 4 cup coffee-maker in every room at POFQ. I didn't think the coffee was bad but my water at home is highly chlorinated so maybe I just thought I was at home. I've heard of people using bottled water for the coffee-makers as well. BTW, the coffee in the food court is not fresh brewed - it's made from a concentrated liquid that is watered down with hot water as it is dispensed. Personally, I think the "coffee" in the food courts is disgusting.

merhon2
05-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Yes, they have coffee makers. My last trip we brought our own coffee and water. Maxwell house makes coffee that comes pre-meaured in a filter bag. It was perfect. I also pack an extra suit case with just snacks and water. I had a twelve pack of water that I packed. I put some in the fridge for drinking and used the other for my morning coffee.

For our trip home we now have a suit case to fit all of the "stuff" we buy.

I don't mind the food court coffee, but I want my coffee as soon as I get up with out the walk!

Nicki'sMom
05-28-2007, 10:45 AM
This has been a big issue for me because I cannot go with out a cup of coffee. You would think that one of the smartest and most innovative companies in the world would have enough forthought to have decent coffee available to its guests. I guess they brew Nescafe in all of the world and I hate it. (No offense to Nescafe) I am a Starbuck's lover and this year I am bringing some with me to brew with some bottleed water and small filters. This maybe something you may want to do too.