PDA

View Full Version : Dining plans...what do you think?

Jeri Lynn
05-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Just looking for input on our tentative dining plans. We plan on purchasing the dining plan and we will be in WDW 11/25-12/2

We arrive Sunday early afternoon so we will probably just grab a fast bite at the Marketplace at the BC.

Sunday night - Sci-Fi Diner...we were going to eat at the Prime Time 50's but both girls have been there before and have never been to the Sci-Fi. We were going to pay for this meal out of our pocket and save a TS for another time.

Monday night - Rainforest Cafe at AKL for Lunch and Teppanyaki for dinner (none of us have ever eaten here)

Tuesday - Whispering Canyon (before MVMCP, we have never eaten here either)

Wednesday - Coral Reef (my sister and I ate there last year and liked it, neither girl has eaten here)

Thursday - Cinderella's Royal Table (we have not eaten here for about 8 years...is it worth the 2 TS options?

Friday - have not decided yet...

Saturday - Liberty Tree Tavern (my sisters favorite)

This trip we are trying to go to a couple restaurants that we have never been before.
My sister and I are bringing my youngest daughter and her best friend, both 16 y.o.

kakn7294
05-25-2007, 05:23 PM
We're also trying Whispering Canyon on our next trip. We all love LTT. Sci-Fi is okay - the food is just average but the atmosphere is really awesome. Hopefully you'll get a really nice server like ours was - she volunteered to take a picture for us and our drinks were never empty. I've never been Rainforest, Teppanyaki, or Coral Reef. As far as CRT, it's probably not worth 2 TS credits but I can't resist and we're blowing ours there too. I'm really looking forward to it. There's just something magical about eating in the castle. They could probably serve me buttered cardboard and I'd happily eat it just because I'm in the castle!

threeh
05-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Your choices look good.

I really like Teppanaki ( i love Japanese food)
My son loved rainforest cafe when we ate there on our first trip. He would love to go again.
Also really like LTT. Very good food.

Have a great trip!!!:mickey:

tinksmom02
05-26-2007, 10:33 PM
I haven't eaten at all of your choices, but they are all on my must-try list!

Are you doing CRT for dinner, or breakfast? Value-wise, I think most people will tell you it's not worth the 2 TS. BUT, if you want to use them, use them. If you run over on the DDP and need to pay OOP for something, this would be it. It might be a slightly better value to use it for dinner rather than breakfast.

What do you have planned for Friday? That should help you with your dining plans.

Mickey91
05-26-2007, 10:54 PM
I agree. CRT is not worth 2 TS as far as value goes. You will get more bang for your buck someplace else. But I do recommend eating there, just out of pocket. Also, are you aware(unless they have changed it) that Rainforest cafe is not on the dining plan? Other than that, I think your choices look great!:mickey:

wilshade
05-27-2007, 02:36 AM
Whispering Canyon is perfect for pre MVMCP. Expect a fun and adventuresome time. The food is very good and very plentiful. The wait staff enjoy getting to do the things that other waitstaffs are never allowed to do.

If you are looking for ideas for Friday and Saturday evenings, I would suggest Trails End Buffet at Fort Wilderness and after dinner there, head over to the Campfire/singalong.

The campfire is free and is fun for everybody. Chip and Dale show up as do some other characters from time to time. You can roast marshmallows and make s'mores right there (they have everything you need). It probably sounds corny, but the atmosphere is so relaxed that the interaction with the CMs and the other guests will make for great memories.

Pop Centurion
05-27-2007, 04:25 AM
Nice choices. Keep in mind that Rainforest Cafe is not included in the dining plan. As for Sci Fi, most people go for the experience rather than the food. I suggest switching to lunch and paying OOP.

Jeri Lynn
05-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks! I am aware that Rainforest is not included in the dining plan, we usually just have a small lunch there, I've been many times and have enjoyed but DD and her friend have never been and would like to do.

DS and I have been to Sci-Fi diner and we figured out of the meals we will pay out of pocket this one would probably be the cheapest and the girls have never been here either.

We are going to try and get ADR's at Cinderella's Castle. It's too bad that it is the 2 TS credits, I wonder if it is because of the pictures they take and give you...we could do without the pictures, it's too bad you aren't given a choice!!

disneygirlie11
05-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Have you ever been to Ohana or Boma? Maybe you could try those on Friday!

kim1st
05-27-2007, 08:18 AM
I might be in the minority, but I actually thought that the CRT dinner was "worth" the two TS credits, even though I think technically it doesn't equal the cash price.

Here's why:

1. Picture included. We were hard pressed to pass up the great family pictures we got at Donald's Breakfastosaurus and at Akershus with the Princesses, so we practically paid for a 2nd meal as it was!

2. The Characters. We had one-on-one time with Cinderella downstairs where the photo was taken. Then the character interaction upstairs was very low key! The fairy godmother did a song and the mice danced around a bit, but there wasn't that whole - OK - now take the toddler out of the highchair for the picture,get out the autograph books - OK - now let's do it again because ANOTHER character is at the table...I think you get the picture :)

3. Atmosphere. At the other meals, we were packed in like sardines and it was hard to really relax. It really felt like fine dining, but we still didn't have to worry about the kids making too much noise, etc. Plus - you're IN THE CASTLE!

4. The food. The food here was really good. They even managed to make a stick of string cheese seem elegant (on the children's appetizer plate).

This was by far our favorite family dinner of the week.