PDA

View Full Version : WDW on July

MiceWork
05-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi folks! Me and my girlfriend are going to WDW on July, 14, and will be staying there for two weeks... Is WDW on july impossibly crowded? What is the average waiting time for the attractions?

Tks!

Wrigley
05-25-2007, 02:33 PM
We always do our Disney vacation in July, and the crowds are not horrible. Of course, the popular attractions will have a longer wait, but we were able to walk right onto quite a few rides last year in July. The average time that we had to wait was about 15-30 minutes I believe. The more popular rides were over an hour. Have a great trip!:mickey:

mickey'sX
05-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Please reconsider going at this time. It is not only too crowded.........but too hot to enjoy. People were passing out and having to spray water to keep cool.
We were miserable....the lines were extremely long. We missed doing alot of things due to this. It was very disappointing. The restaurants were all crowed, so we had nowhere to eat.
We went for the July 4th week about 8 years ago and I said never agian.
Now we go each year in the month of September. Its cooler and the crowds are very low and its very enjoyable. I would say May, before school is out and September, after schools start, are the best times to go.

MiceWork
05-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Thanks, folks!
Well, we´ve surely considered going to WDW on november or september, but my girlfriend has classes to attend (college), so we´re limited to july or december.
As for the heat, we´re from Brazil, which is a VERY very hot country, so we´re used to it... :thumbsup:
Well, at least we´re not going on the 4th of july week!

It´s been sooo many years since I´ve gone to WDW and to USA (my girlfriend has NEVER visited WDW!), and I hope we´ll have a wonderful and magic experience! :marg:

Guya103
05-26-2007, 09:36 PM
We always visit WDW in July for two weeks every year and absolutely love it!!! We would never go another time. It is hot, the parks are packed and we have a ball!! We have never waited over 45 minutes for any attraction. We also do not mind the heat or the crowds so, for us, there is nothing to complain about. We, on average, are still able to do 15 attractions in a day and that is taking our time with four kids. You will have no problem!! I hope she loves WDW as much as we all do!!

LudwigVonDrake
05-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Because of my schedule, I go to WDW in either July or August and really have no problems. I have found that crowds thin out right after July 4 and pick up again about a week later. That's my plan this year :mickey:

DisnIse
05-27-2007, 08:39 AM
We do summer trips, too, and it is NOT that bad. Having two weeks will give you flexibility, too.
We usually go early in the morning, either go back and swim OR make sure we do some inside stuff (shows, shops, restaurants) between 2 and 4, and then head back out for the evening.

Don't be scared. It'll be okay!

Catwillow
05-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Having lived here in Florida for a few years now and NOT being a person who tolerates heat very well -- I have learned when at Disney you try to do a ride/show indoors then a ride/show outdoors. Drink plenty of fluids <---- big big factor .... and don't rush. Take a break during the HEAT of the day and maybe go to the pool or back to the room for a nap/cool down shower. There are neck bands you can buy that will help keep you cool and little hand held spritzer fans and batter operated fans --- even those little fold up fans work great. WEAR SUN PROTECTION... and a hat. Just because you have hair on your head doens't mean you aren't going to get burned (remember your neck too). Wear light clothing AND light colored clothing. Hope all these tips help.