PDA

View Full Version : DTD hotels

laward32
05-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Does anyone know if the hotels at DTD get the perks the other resort hotels get? (buses, EMH, DDP) My mom and dad were there a week ago, and he played golf with a guy who was staying at the Hilton and he said they got to use the buses and had admittance to EMH. I was just wondering if anybody knew if this is true, or if maybe he just had "connections". Any help would be great.:mickey:

MouseManiac
05-25-2007, 01:13 PM
I believe Hilton is the only resort that is allowed to use EMH. We stayed at the Doubletree Suites last fall, and that was not available, although they do have a bus that transports you to and from the hotels in DTD.

wdwfan
05-25-2007, 07:46 PM
I know you can NOT get DDP, this is only with Disney resorts. I believe you get EMH though at all resorts on Disney Property. The hotels have there own buses they use.

TammiMcMan
05-25-2007, 09:31 PM
The other posters are correct, the Hilton is the only DTD hotel that particpates in EMH. That's the only extra perk given to any of those hotels. As for transportation, the hotels have their own bus system, but anyone with a park ticket can use Disney transportation between parks, resorts and the Downtown Disney marketplace.

Donald A
05-25-2007, 10:57 PM
It is important to note that the transportation FROM and TO DTD hotels is not Disney transportation and not nearly as good. (In my experience that is, staying at DTD one night before our "big stay" at Boardwalk.)

artyboy
05-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi!

We're staying at the Hilton starting this Wednesday (partner has a business trip/the room was free/I'm going to WDW for my Birthday!!!)

...otherwise we'd be at a DVC...

That said, the other posters are correct...only the Hilton offers EMH...

...and none of the DTD Hotels offer Magical Express.

...just thought y'all should know!

iceicebritney
05-28-2007, 09:29 PM
yes, i've stayed at the hilton as well - 2 years ago for 3 wks, and we had access to EMH, as well as buses to get to the parks. their bus service is a little under what disney's is... and thats saying its pretty bad because disney's just plain stinks. the hotel was nice, but very conjested with conventions coming in and out every wk. it was really nice for us to be so close to downtown disney - walking distance, which was a HUGE benefit... nothing worse than being waisted on a WDW bus and having to suffer through the packed and extremelly slow ride back to the hotel.