PDA

View Full Version : Thank you!

Kate In Wonderland
05-25-2007, 08:14 AM
My DH and I were at MK on Monday and as we were getting ready to wait in the stand-by line for Space Mountain, a couple stopped us and handed us their fastpasses saying that they weren't going to use them. And the fastpasses were for that very moment! I don't know if the two people are on this board, but if you are, I just wanted to say...
:mickey: THANK YOU!!!:mickey:

vizsla
05-25-2007, 12:28 PM
That was very nice of them. We do the same thing, if we have FP's and are unable to use them we give them to somebody walking by if they wanted them.

jenperich
05-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Wow! That's so nice to hear. It's great to hear that there are still generous people out there. :-) Thanks for sharing your great story.

Tink#64
05-27-2007, 11:07 AM
How cool is that!:cool:

That's one of those special moments you will remember about that trip!:woohoo:

Kate In Wonderland
05-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Definitely! I just thought it was so thoughtful (and that's great to hear that you do it too vizsla :thumbsup: ). It was one of the things that really made my whole trip. And it's contagious...I'm basically a generous person anyway, but I found myself "paying it forward" since then (even little things like letting someone go in front of me in line, etc). It's the Disney magic! :mickey:

kakn7294
05-29-2007, 09:57 AM
We do that too. In December, we took everyone's tickets and got FPs for RnRC but only 8 of the 11 of us rode so we gave out the extra FPs to people who were about to get in the standby line. The best part - the CM didn't take the FP tickets on the first trip through so we got off and went straight on again! I looked at it as kind of a little reward (from Walt maybe?) for being nice.

GrumpyFan
05-29-2007, 04:05 PM
We've done this a few times as well. It feels good, but I can tell some people are skeptical at first.

KCMom
05-30-2007, 10:06 PM
We've done this several times as well. I love to see people's faces when they realize what they are holding.

In my October 2006 trip, a very nice man gave me and my young friend fast passes to Tower of Terror. I could have kissed him. We were running to the line and we were very pressed for time. We were so hoping that the line would be short! Just as we were staring at the 30 minute wait time, the nice man walked up and asked if we wanted the fast passes. We were so happy that we were jumping up and down. I felt like I won the lottery! It was our first time on that ride and it is now one of my favorites.

wdw_bound
05-31-2007, 12:15 AM
We've done this a few times as well. It feels good, but I can tell some people are skeptical at first.

Had to laugh at this one. Last fall, we got 3 fps for EE. I rode first, alone, to see if I thought DD8 could handle it. The plan was that after I described it to her, we'd use the other two fps (DH does not do coasters). Well, she overheard some people getting off who were totall freaked out and decided she didn't want to try it. No problem, we'll go to FOTLK instead. On our way out of that area, I came across two young ladies about to get in line and offered them the extra fps (the standby line was over 90 minutes at this point - it was Labor Day). At first they wouldn't take them, I thought I had to be the only person ever to be unable to give away good right then fps to the most popular ride at WDW - what did that say about my pay it forward skills that people would rather wait for an hour and a half in the blazing heat than take my fps??????

snifflesmcg
05-31-2007, 03:24 AM
Isn't that so nice! I've already given away a dessert, that I wasn't going to eat, to a little girl. Of course I asked her mother first. They were so happy and it made me feel good.

Kate In Wonderland
05-31-2007, 06:32 PM
I love everyone's posts! It's great to know that others do it, and that people have been on the receiving end like me too! :mickey: