PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY! In memory of…

MickeysGirl
05-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Hey everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY!

Well, this weekend comes a wonderful holiday where we get to remember all the of the men and women who have fought for our country…. This means Monday is Memorial Day! We should all take time to remember and be thankful for all the sacrifice that has been given for our freedom.

And as a means of celebrating and showing our gratitude, let’s take a 3 day weekend and have a Bar-B-Que! Shall we? Where’s Bret with the grill? (Did I just say that?) :secret: And who’s got the potato salad? I have all the steaks, burgers and hotdogs. Let’s get going with today’s…

Annual INTERCOT Memorial
Day Friday Party!!! :flag:

Happy Friday Everyone!

Specialty Drink of the day: :beer: Beer!
… with Lemonade for the kids and an open bar as always …
:marg: :papple: :wine:

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and please be safe out there if you’re traveling! May you all have a 3 day weekend (and not be like Nigel who doesn’t :( ) Have a great one!

pogo
05-25-2007, 07:33 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE !

I'll start out the party with a :beer: to go with the "cajon grilled chicken wings" for a little appetizer. Be carefull..... they have a little heat to them. Aren't they good at this time of the morning ? :yes:

See you all a little later.... got some work to do. :D

Jimenyfan
05-25-2007, 07:56 AM
In honor of my father a WWII vet, who passed away in July 2005 I will have a martini. Cheers Dad!!

drummerboy
05-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday!

Here's some of DW's great potato salad. She always makes more than enough to go around.

I've got the FD on standby, so Bret can fire up the grill any time now.

Mickey'sGirl
05-25-2007, 08:40 AM
May you all have a 3 day weekend (and not be like Nigel who doesn’t :( ) Have a great one!
...and your Canadian cousins, who had a three day weekend last weekend...

Happy Friday everyone. Stay safe this weekend! :mickey:

disneydrmr
05-25-2007, 08:52 AM
:flag: Happy Memorial Day :flag: Let us not only remember those who lost their lives fighting for us - but please - take a moment to pray for those who are in the midst of protecting our freedom today! I salute all our vets - past, present and even the future ones!

Um, did someone ask Bret to fire up the grill? :bolt: :hide2:

ElenitaB
05-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Not to make you all jealous or anything, but I'm blessed to have a 4 day weekend! :muscles:

I've been waiting for this one for a while, and we began it last night by seeing PoTC at 8:00. Have lots of plans for the weekend (including remembering my dad, an Air Force WWII vet) but none include :beer: or :marg: I did bring a picture of strawberry lemonade if anyone would like some though...

Have a great weekend, everyone! Drive safe!

mtown71
05-25-2007, 08:58 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!!! Also, thanks to all the soldiers that have given their lives to make our country safe and to the ones that are still fighting...may they be safe! :flag: :flag: :flag:

I have to pass on the beer since I will have to go to work. I brought root beer floats to share (Frankie, you will have to share these!!!) with everyone. I also brought some cupcakes/cookies for all.
Well, if Bret catches anything on fire, I'll have the bandages & cream ready! :ambal: :nurse: :medic:

MickeysGirl
05-25-2007, 10:10 AM
...and your Canadian cousins, who had a three day weekend last weekend...

I actually remember hearing this, on the radio no less! I listen to a Canadian Radio station out of Edmonton all day long while I'm at work! Best radio station I've found in a while! hehe

Jenn, what was the occasion last week? I didn't catch what it was.

Congrats on that 4 day weekend, Ellen! I am jealous! :razz:

Drinks are on the bar folks.... :wine: :papple: :beer: :marg:

Mickey'sGirl
05-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Jenn, what was the occasion last week? I didn't catch what it was.
Victoria Day..... a celebration of Queen Victoria's Birthday (on May 24). We get the Monday closest to, but not after, May 24 off of work. There are fireworks and cookouts... enjoyed by all! :thumbsup:

MickeysGirl
05-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Sounds wonderful! Sounds like July 4th around here, but for a totally different reason! :silly:

ChipDale
05-25-2007, 10:39 AM
:flag: Happy Friday Everybody! :flag:

Specialty Drink of the day: :beer: Beer!

Thanks Jamie - my favorite! :tasty: I'll take a 6X :beer: please!

:cheers: Here's to all of our veterans and to all of our men and women serving our wonderful country! :flag: Thank you! :notworth:

MsMin
05-25-2007, 12:28 PM
We don't celebrate Memorial day like our neighbors. Since we have Mardi Gras, Memorial day is often sacrificed as the alternate holiday.
My dd is off and flew off to NYC this morning with her dbf. Ellen if you see any lost southern kids it might be them ;)
I salute the vets :flag: and am thankful for all they have done. We need a party here it's been a long long week after losing 3 pups, the early delivery, 2 graduations, a party at the house-- it's been non stop.
I'll have 6 :marg: it's been that tough of a week.
I made some baked beans for the party... What's on the grill???

MickeysGirl
05-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks Jamie - my favorite! :tasty: I'll take a 6X :beer: please!

You know I aim to please my dear! :cheers:

I made some baked beans for the party... What's on the grill???

Is Bret not here yet? I don't see any smoke from the backyard, and the Fire Department isn't here yet, so I guess he's running late or something... :wait:

drummerboy
05-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Is Bret not here yet? I don't see any smoke from the backyard, and the Fire Department isn't here yet, so I guess he's running late or something... :wait:
I've got some folks from 'Just Questions' on standby to help the fire dept. as soon as Bret shows up.

offwego
05-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Sounds wonderful! Sounds like July 4th around here, but for a totally different reason! :silly:
Naw we have Canada day for that one. Victoria Day is kinda just the "first long weekend in the summer yippe". Or time to plant your plants one of the two.

Canada Day is July 1st.

Enjoy your long weekend. Our version (Nov 11th) isn't nearly the universal holiday that Memorial Day is for most in the USA. I think it's great to make the time to remember all your Vet's, past present and future.

MickeysGirl
05-25-2007, 02:59 PM
Our version (Nov 11th) ...

Now here in the states, November 11th is Veterans day, a day to honor all of our veterans, living and dead.

Anybody else completely confused??? :confused:

Thanks for taking care of the emergency facilities, Ken! We've got enough wild fires down in this neck of the woods, we need not add Bret to the mix! :p But he will be here in a few weeks... hmmm... should we bring the troups out then too? :fireman::ambal::nurse:

Dr_Nigel_C
05-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I stay confused enough for the both of us, dear! :)

Happy Friday everyone -- hope you all have a safe weekend.

Drinks are on the way -- anybody else need anything?

SgtTigger
05-25-2007, 09:48 PM
a Bar-B-Que! Shall we? Where’s Bret with the grill? (Did I just say that?) :secret:

The words I have waited for all of my life and I am late to the party............ :bang: I never thought after last year that I would ever be allowed to fire up the grill again...... Hey it was only a small blaze.......... Jamie even gave me permission

I've got the FD on standby, so Bret can fire up the grill any time now.

OK light that sucker......... Woooooooooooooooooossssssshhhhhhhthings should be done in no time with all this heat........
Burgers are done and those black things are hot dogs............

So who else wants something?????????

:cop: :tigger:

Lizzy
05-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone!

My DH gets a 5 day weekend and what do I get? Only Saturday off. I got talked into going in on Sunday. Gotta love restaraunt life!