PDA

View Full Version : Coral Reef no availability....

Crow
05-24-2007, 10:03 PM
guess anyone wanting to eat dinner there during free dining better book early. i just called to make ADRs for my Sept trip and there was no dinner time avail for Coral 22nd or 23rd.
the other places i tried had times.
i know Le Cellier is hard, but Coral Reef wow.

January-2007
05-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Coral Reef is a really expensive out of pocket meal. I think a lot of people taking advantage of the Free Dining might not have otherwise utilized the Dining Plan. Therefore, when they get the Dining Plan Free, they might want to eat at really expensive restaurants they never would have tried otherwise, thus the lack of availability at Coral Reef. We're staying 13 nights at Pop with the Free Dining Plan and we're going to Coral Reef twice! DH seems so fascinated with this place. I think it has a lot of appeal because it's been in TV shows so people feel familiar with it on some level.

snifflesmcg
05-24-2007, 10:44 PM
I tried to get ADR for Le Cellier and/or Coral Ree for Sept 13 or 15 and I couldn't get them either.

JCDarzi
05-24-2007, 10:46 PM
We ate at both Le Cellier and Coral Reef last year during free dining and I thought that both of them were smaller than expected. There's not that many tables to accomodate the people wanting to eat there.

Also in 2005, the first year of free dining, Coral Reef was a 2 ticket restaurant on the dining plan. The food was great at both and I would love to eat at both of them again.

ryca1dreams
05-24-2007, 10:48 PM
That's kind of our feeling. We wanted to go to Coral Reef back in 1995 on our honeymoon but the prices were a bit much for a young military couple. The free dining helps lots.

I got my ADRs for both CR and Le Celier in mid Sept, but I made them about a month ago. Pretty excited...

hooberry
05-24-2007, 11:02 PM
when free dining comes out, you really have to make your reservation as early as possible especially for le cellier and coral reef. Both resturants book up fast because of limited seating. le cellier was not a table service resturant when it was built so it was not originally designed to hold a large number of guests at one time. I made my reservations exactly 180 days out and still had to adjust some of my preferred dining times because they were already filled. last year I didn't make adr's till mid june for sept free dining and there were several resturants I couldn't get at all, so lessons learned. :)

Crow
05-24-2007, 11:31 PM
i did get Ohana 24th,Marrakesh 22nd,Teppanyaki 21st, Les Chefs 23rd. Artist Pt 28th..they all were available various times. so no biggie not getting Coral right now

Spaceship Tigger
05-25-2007, 07:09 AM
I couldn't get Coral Reef at all for any reasonable dinner time between the 17th and the 22nd. Only late (8:30ish) or lunch time. Eventually I gave up and picked a different restaurant.

Crow
05-25-2007, 07:17 AM
the CM at wdw dining said that n Le Cellier seem to b sold out quickly. she said lunch has had better luck w availability.
i may try again for midweek or use my last ts somewhere else...im already booked heavy in Epcot, which is what usually happens

k_reile
05-25-2007, 10:29 AM
I waited to make my adr's because I did not know where I wanted to eat...well I found the CR and decided my husband would love that...I could not get anything from Sept 22 through Sept 28 for dinner...I got lunch on one of the days but I would rather have dinner.

dundeehunter
05-25-2007, 10:41 AM
If you like Coral Reef, you should try Capt'n Jacks at DTD! They didn't always take ADR's, but do now. The dinner menu has fabulous Lobster tails (2) and my sister had the shrimp scampi (I think) and the waitress asked if she would like to add a lobster tail as well. We were on the dining plan, and all was covered. Our bill came to $199 for a party of 4. Great deal and excellent food! Give it a try if you can't get into Coral Reef...you won't be dissappointed.:cloud9:

MickeyandTink
05-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Wow! I'm glad we made our ADR's just a few days after booking. We were lucky enough to get CR on Sept. 28th. We booked Le Cellier for dinner a few days earlier. My mouth's starting to water just thinking about it. :eat:

Of course, I've been salivating the last 6 weeks just thinking of going to WDW. :vacation:

dyin tago
05-25-2007, 06:46 PM
captain jack`s is available on the free dining plan? what others are available that are not listed?

dyin tago
05-25-2007, 06:52 PM
sorry about last post. re checked the list and found captain jacks!

Disney_Barbie
07-18-2007, 10:25 AM
I think a lot of people taking advantage of the Free Dining might not have otherwise utilized the Dining Plan. Therefore, when they get the Dining Plan Free, they might want to eat at really expensive restaurants they never would have tried otherwise, thus the lack of availability at Coral Reef. I think it has a lot of appeal because it's been in TV shows so people feel familiar with it on some level.

Oh my, you captured my thoughts exactly! DH & I chose CR for one of our TS credits on our upcoming Sept trip 1) because it is more expensive and we would probably never pay out of pocket to eat there and 2) because they ate there on Boy Meets World
(I know, we're pathetic, but none the less you hit the nail right on the head for us at least!)

pixidust1976
07-18-2007, 11:32 AM
I didn't even know I was taking a WDW trip until the end of June, and I booked it for the beginning of September. I am admitting that free dining is the reason that I am getting to go. (And I didn't even know about it until June 21 and June 24 was the last day to book free dining!)

I also tried to get Coral Reef for dinner on the day that we go to Epcot and it was all booked up. I don't have hopper tickets and I don't think Epcot is going to be an ALL day event with my kids since they are still so young, so I took the first lunch reservation.

I was so downtrodden about having to take a lunch until I found out about getting a diver. Now I am glad.

I will get the first seating at 11:30 which should help us get seats close to the tanks to see our sign when the diver brings it. AND the lunch hours had the only time there was a diver left for that day.

Another thing I am eternally greatful to intercot for..... because I never would have known about the divers otherwise!

tony2979
07-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Yep, we tried to get a ADR for Coral Reef on the 25th. No such luck for dinner, but did get one for lunch.

It actually worked out good, because now we have planned to hop a boat to Boardwalk as soon Illuminations is over and having a bite to eat at the ESPN restaraunt.....I hope the boats are running that late.