PDA

View Full Version : pre-trip anxiety

baby minnie's mommy
05-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Need some prayers - we go to Disney tomorrow and I'm having major pretrip anxiety troubles. Anyone else have this problem? I want a trip to be so much fun and not worry about anything so try to make sure everything's ok in my mind, not about the trip itself but stuff that's been bothering me before. Sometimes there's those one or two things that I can't seem to clear up in my mind,though, no matter how hard I try. So now I've spent the day with an anxiety attack while packing, and upset that I'm not enjoying this special time like I wanted to. Like I said, need your prayers! Thanks!!!

January-2007
05-24-2007, 07:56 PM
:ditto: I feel the same way. We leave tomorrow and I can't even pack. I'm not having panick attacks, but I just get all wierd right before trips. I don't want to go. I get scared. DH says it's because I plan so much that I want everything to go right. He doesn't do the planning so he is relaxed right before the trips. At least one of us is. I've always been this way though, even before I was in charge of the planning. I'm such a procrastinator. I tried to get things together in the last month or so, trying to make packing easier, but we still only have some clothes folded up on the bed and some toiletries, but not all of them ready for packing, at random locations throughout the apartment. I sit here eating my in a box mac and cheese that, by the way, we've been eating pretty much every day this week because I don't want to spend any money on groceries right before our trip because what if we would rather buy something at Disney World? DH can't find his mesh shorts, I can't find my favorite tank top, we are so bad that even though we moved in February we still haven't completely unpacked from that, or, our Honeymoon in January. Correction: Last night DH unpacked our bags from January. We still have a load of laundry in the dryer that we can't pack yet so why start, right? The night before our wedding I was up until 4 AM so nervous about everything (trip the next day, getting married, you know the drill) and stressing over packing. When I was a kid I used to freak out about forgetting things on trips.

I like to plan so I don't know why I leave so many things to the last minute. It totally makes the trip stressful. We leave tomorrow morning.

I've said too much? Let's just say I can totally relate. I'll pray for you and your family for a safe trip. Will you pray for us too?

baby minnie's mommy
05-24-2007, 08:31 PM
I'll pray for you and your family for a safe trip. Will you pray for us too?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, and thank you for your prayers! Thanks for sharing your experience, too. It helps to be able to share our quirks with others, doesn't it? I noticed from your other posts that you'll be eating at Chef M. - we're not planning to eat there but are staying at the Comtemporary. So maybe we'll pass each other! I guess we'll know each other by the frazzled, stressed out appearance! :blush:

MissStyles
05-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Guys can I join in?? I get the same sort of feeling before a trip! I don't know why but I've been this way my whole life even when I was little. It's such an odd feeling that I can't even pinpoint. I'm leaving Saturday AM so I can definitely relate with you both. I know I'll be fine once I'm there, it's just the day before I feel weird as if I don't want to go. Crazy I know! We'll all be fine though, how can we not?!?!!? We're going to see :mickey: !!!!!!!!!!!

January-2007
05-24-2007, 10:30 PM
I can't believe it, I really can't. Prayers work, people, they really do. We are packed. Our suitcases at least. All that's left is our personal backpacks with stuff to do on the way down and back, that's just fluff. It's only just past ten and the hard part is over. I'm starting to be happy again!

Of course, all this after DH started looking like he was sleepwalking... I asked him why not get a Coke? Oh, he drank them all, of course, why didn't I think of that. So then he put on some hot water and I didn't know. He went to the kitchen to check on it apparently and I saw him burn his hand real bad on the steam. We have one of those electric kettles you plug in to the wall and I guess that's how he checks? So we sprayed Bactine on it and he's wearing a bandaid but it made an instant blister and hurts him. Maybe the worst is over?

On our last vacation, which happened to be our Honeymoon, Amtrak lost our luggage. Well, not as much lost as delayed. We didn't have it for the first 23 hours of our trip. I've also forgotten a bathing suit before when I was going to a summer sleepaway camp all the way across the country. And underpants when going camping as a child. I guess there's something behind all this crazyness? I am glad I am not the only one who feels like I don't want to go right before a trip. Of course I want to go, but I'm scared of all the stuff in between far off planning and actually being there having fun.

So keep those prayers coming, I like this more or less calm feeling. I will try to get to sleep before tomorrow!

Baby Minnie's Mommy-By the way, wouldn't that be so funny if we took a picture at the Contemporary and you guys were like, in the background or something, and we didn't even know it? Our breakfast at Chef Mickey's is on Wednesday morning.

Thanks both of you for relating! I was so going to start a thread like this but then here this was! How about that! We are not alone in the world! Good luck to you both, may we all have peaceful journeys!

Beast_fanatic
05-24-2007, 11:09 PM
:pixie: on the way! Hope you both have magical :mickey: trips!

January-2007
05-25-2007, 01:40 AM
Well, I didn't make it. Getting to sleep before tomorrow, that is. Guess what? It's tomorrow! Everything's all set though, and actually pretty much has been for the last few hours. DH is asleep in the next room with the light on. I was just going to be "a minute" longer getting everything ready... and reading Intercot posts up until the last minute.

Good night all, and bon voyage. I'll see you in Walt Disney World! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-25-2007, 05:10 AM
Just remember, if you forget something you can always buy it Florida. And if you forget anything to do at home, call a friend or family to help. Everything will work out fine. Prayers and :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: on the way for everyone to get there and back safely and of course, may you all have a great trip. :thumbsup: I can't wait to read the trip reports;)

jenperich
05-25-2007, 10:01 PM
I totally understand how you feel. This is the first trip that I've been on that I've planned by myself(using a travel agent too, of course). But, I just want everything to be perfect...as you can understand! :-) This is my boyfriend's first "real" trip...his first trip with a Disney-holic anyway, and I want his trip to be perfect. I want him to love Disney as much as I do. He hasn't had any part of planning the trip because he says he just wants to "be surprised". But, then he criticizes me for planning so much. ARRRGGGGHHH!!!! Can't in! But, anyway, I will pray for both of you and I hope that you guys have a very magical trip. Pray for me in November when we go. ;)

pook@wdw
05-26-2007, 03:38 PM
You have our prayers! We know you'll have a great time. Just remember 1 thing over and above all the fears & stress...YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Enuff said!!!:thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
05-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I always panic inside before a big trip.
I pray and made "deals' with GOD. Like, if the plane goes down my whole family either has to go together or none of us go. It's all or nothing!
then I have to clean the whole house and get everything organized in case I die on the trip and someone has to go in the house to get things.
I figure it must be my Irish heritage, very superstitious.
IF for some reason I don't panic before a trip then I panic because I'm not panicking:confused::blush:
Once I get on the plane I sit quietly and pray.
I know everything will be fine and God is watching over me but I have to have the panic to feel okay:confused: