PDA

View Full Version : Halloween?

Deesdisney
05-24-2007, 07:22 PM
mnsshp is it as good as the christmas party? What did you recieve while trick or treating? Was is just candy or was there special items also?

biodtl
05-24-2007, 07:43 PM
I haven't been to MVMCP, so I can't compare, but I can tell you that my entire family loved MNSSHP. We all went in costume, which made it more fun.

You get candy at different stops around MK (just candy, but lots of it), there is special merchandise you can buy, a special parade and lots of opportunities to see characters you don't get to see much otherwise. We went on a weeknight and the ride lines were very short, which was an added bonus. It was a blast!

faline
05-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Both parties are great fun! I don't recall getting anything other than candy at the Halloween party.

Plus, you get to dress up for the Halloween party!

GrmGrninGost
05-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Both of these parties are exceptional!!:mickey: But if forced to choose, I vote MNSSHP! WDW really goes all out for Halloween! What a blast!
As far as trick-or-treating, we have only gotten candy. But, there is a lot of it, and it's the good stuff!:thumbsup:

Tinkerfreak
05-25-2007, 09:23 AM
We have also done both and loved them but I have to agree we like MNSSHP better, that is the reason we choose to go for Halloween each year. We love dressing up. Plus for us it is nice not to have to bundle all up for Halloween (Maine is cold at the end of Oct.) and we just love the parade. Last year we went to MVMCP istead and wished we had stuck with our usual Halloween trip.

TheMartellFamily
05-25-2007, 09:31 AM
We have not been to the Christmas party yet, but I have to say the the MNSSHP is a great thing for everyone. What is better than trick or treating in the MK for everyone. It reutrns me back to my childhood and I am far removed from that time. We all trick or treat and have so much fun there. The parade is neat, there is special fireworks and music, street performers and I can go on. There seem alot to do that in all the times we have done it we have still not seem everything.

conorsmom2000
05-25-2007, 09:38 AM
We have done both and absolutely love both, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Halloween! The Christmas party is very special, and puts you in great spirits, but the Halloween party is so fun! The decorations, seeing the costumes, the interaction with the Characters because of the costumes (Conor was one of the 101 Dalmations so many characters came to warn him during the parade that Cruella was coming! :funny: Then there was the interaction with Cruella herself..... :D )....we just had such a blast at the Halloween party! I would love to go to either one again, but Halloween would definitel be my first choice! :ghost:

bamagoofy
05-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Another vote for mnsshp. I did both parties for the first time last year and enjoyed both but still talk about mnsshp. The parade with the headless horseman and the gravediggers put over the top. Also seeing all of the villian-so much fun.

MinnieMommie
05-25-2007, 06:18 PM
I love both parties but prefer MNSSHP. Disney just out does themselves with this. Last I knew just candy while trick or treating. :thumbsup:

DestinationWDW
05-25-2007, 10:41 PM
One more vote for mnsshp! We've done both and enjoy Halloween much more! To see the characters in their costumes is way fun and the parade is the best! The park decorations are fun and the fireworks are the best.....we usually go to 2 parties during our trip!:hmghost: