PDA

View Full Version : Boma for breakfast or dinner?

mickey-mouse35
05-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Decisions, decisions!! :confused: I have ADRs for Boma for breakfast and dinner, but am wondering if it makes sense to trek over to AKL for both? Any opinions on which would be better to try if only did once--breakfast or dinner? I'm a huge soup fan, so dinner is looking good with four soup choices, but DH loves breakfast and omelette stations.

MissStyles
05-24-2007, 09:48 PM
I would definitely choose dinner especially if you love soups. Boma has some really interesting options (as well as standard fare). You can always get breakfast somewhere else if you want to change it around, Crystal Palace has an excellent breakfast buffet including create your own omelettes. Just my :twocents:

thejens
05-24-2007, 10:57 PM
I agree. Both meals are wonderful, but if you are going once, I'd choose dinner. It is more unique and the soups are to die for. That said, on my last trip we did both dinner and breakfast and loved both! It is such a wonderful, relaxing lodge with unique and delicious food.

ThanxForNoticin
05-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Another vote for dinner. It's an amazing experience - and make sure you go hungry!

mickey-mouse35
05-25-2007, 06:15 PM
OK, we'll definitely go for dinner. I currently have ADR at 6 when AK closes at 5 pm. Is this a good time or should I try to make a little earlier?

Also, if we're not staying at the lodge, is it worth it to drive in for both breakfast and dinner if we want to do both? I have ADRs at Crystal Palace and Kona Cafe, too, on other days. I've done Spoodles for breakfast before and really liked it, but it's no longer a buffet and just looks kinda limited on the menu.

wilshade
05-25-2007, 06:33 PM
On my last trip to WDW, I did exactly what you are thinking about. I had breakfast and dinner at Boma and went to the Animal Kingdom in between. It worked out great for me.

I had a 9am seating at Boma for breakfast. I took the bus from Pop to Animal Kingdom and tranferred to the bus going to the Animal Kingdom Lodge. had breakfast, went back to the park and returned to Boma for dinner at 6p.

It made for a perfectly "themed" day all the way around. You will feel like you have immersed yourself in an African Safari.

Both meals at Boma are great. The dinner is much more adventuresome than breakfast. But, both are unique experiences.

JPL
05-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Both meals are great :thumbsup: You are basically in a no lose situation here :D

disneyfan1124
05-25-2007, 08:29 PM
We at least one breakfast and one dinner at Boma each trip. We love it there so much that we named our dog Boma! We try to plan the meals for days when we will be at AK as it makes transportation easier if we're not staying at AKL-which we just booked for Oct and we've started counting down the days!
Enjoy both meals, you won't be disappointed!