PDA

View Full Version : Consourse Steak House

Alpha Jeanie
05-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I starting to plan for our next trip to Disney and was wondering what you think about the Concourse Steak House at the Contemporary. Is it good for kids (age 5 & 11). My kids don't like buffets so I think they will like it this restaurant from what I have seen of the menu, but I havn't heard from anyone who has been there before. We went to Chef Mikey's at the Contemporary last May for my son's birthday dinner. We liked the atmosphere and all the characters but we are not big on buffets. Please let me know what you think.:chef:

Stitch's Mommy
05-24-2007, 06:51 PM
For some reason, I've seen several posts in the past about bad experiences at Concourse. But DH and I have had dinner there twice and consider it one of our favorites! We've both been happy with our steaks... and cocktails :marg: ... We also enjoy watching the monorail glide through while we eat.

Not sure when you are planning your trip, but I believe Concourse is going to be closing sometime in the next few months. Rumor has it they are going to place a counter service restaurant there and the sit-down restaurant will be reincarnated as The Wave on the first floor of the Contemporary.

I think this is all rumor at this point. I'm sure someone here can confirm what's true and what's not!

Cheers!

Tygger7
05-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately, it's true...the Concourse Steak House will be closing permanently. I'm not sure of the exact date, but I'm sure it's on Intercot. We ate there last May and loved it! All of our food was excellent, the steaks were some of the best I've every tasted. If you can eat there before it closes, I HIGHLY recommend it. There's something for the whole family to enjoy. :thumbsup:

maryt01
05-24-2007, 07:43 PM
concourse is a hit or miss

Pirate Granny
05-24-2007, 08:34 PM
We love it and the food / service has always been great...we've eaten there three times in the past three years. We have reservations for late September so I know it's still open then. We want one final hurrah before it closes...we are going with our daughter who has her own daughter now...and she remembers the pictures of her eating spag. with the mural behind her...she wants a picture of her little girl in the same restaurant...and we're happy that we can squeeze this in before the restaurant closes...
Your children will love just sitting and watching the monorail glide by...ask for a table that can see it...the last time, we were almost under the monorail...but with no children it didn't matter... :pirate:

GrmGrninGost
05-24-2007, 09:51 PM
We ate there once. It was a miss.:(

Figment!
05-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Unfortunately, it's true...the Concourse Steak House will be closing permanently. I'm not sure of the exact date, but I'm sure it's on Intercot. Concourse Steakhouse is tentatively scheduled to close in April 2008.

See Tidbits May 2007 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103538) for more info

pox24
05-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I thought it was moving down to where the Fun Center is? Am I missing something?

Figment!
05-25-2007, 10:33 AM
I thought it was moving down to where the Fun Center is? Am I missing something?The embodied Table Service Option is, but the moved location is tentatively planned to at least change in name if not also cuisine.

Natazu
05-26-2007, 04:26 AM
We've been about five times in the last couple of years. We had five great meals with excellent service as we watched the Monorail go by.

mpoppinsgirl
05-26-2007, 08:04 AM
We went last December and did not like it at all. The food was ok but the service was horrible. It was not what we were expecting at all. If you want to go to a great steak house you should try LeCellier. It is wonderful and I think your kids would be happy there too.

MinnieMommie
05-26-2007, 12:06 PM
I've always had good experiences at Concourse Steak House. We have stayed frequently at CR so its been easy to eat there (and at CM). DH is a steak and potatoes sort and prefers Concourse to Le Cellier. They have always been good to our kids and have some nice kids deserts. :thumbsup:

maizey05
05-26-2007, 08:03 PM
We ate there last Oct. It was one of the best meals we had on the DDP, (Raegalan Road is good too). I honestly don't know why anyone would complain. Everything we had was wonderful!!! So sorry to hear it's probably going to be closing. If I were you, I'd go. We also had a child in our party, and she liked what she ordered. They have some good things on the menu, even for the kiddies.