PDA

View Full Version : dilemma

mouseaddict
05-24-2007, 05:05 PM
SO we have set all of our ADR's for August. One of the nights we are going to do a late 6:15 dinner at Rose and Crown and keep our options open for either a quick trip to MGM for Fantasmic or possibly just stay at Epcot to enjoy the fireworks.
I love Rose and Crown but am now thinking of changing that one. DS5 loved Coral Reef earlier this month...and I would really like to try The Land for the character meal. Anyone have input as to what they would do? I would love to hear from anyone who has eaten at all three of these places...grrr..why does eating have to be so difficult???;)

wendy*darling
05-25-2007, 01:09 PM
I think they are all fine. :thumbsup:
Each one has something unique- so you can't complare them to each other.
I would go with someplace new. If there is one of these you haven't tried yet- pick that one. There are so many excellent dining adventures in WDW- I always like to add at least one new experience to each trip.

mouseaddict
05-25-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, I have been to Rose and Crown twice, and Coral Reef for lunch just a few weeks ago. I have never been to Garden Grill. My friend has never been to any of the three. She is a seafood fanatic but we are also going to a few other places (narcoossees and a grown up dinner at V&A) where seafood is available. I guess we will have to flip a coin...or sacrifice and go to all of them!

Mickey91
05-25-2007, 11:06 PM
We ahve not eaten at the Rose and Crown yet. It is on the list for Sept.:mickey:

We loved Coral Reef. The fish are awesome and the food is good!

We used to eat at the Garden Grill every trip. The characters are a lot of fun. They have changed the catfish recipe and it isn't as good as it once was and the yummy smashed potatoes have been changed to augratin potato cassarole :ack:. That being said, I would choose Coral Reef. But do it soon if you are going to change. The restaurants are filling up fast. In fact, don't cancel Rose and Crown until you have the other.

Good Luck!:mickey:

Wrigley
05-26-2007, 11:51 AM
We ate at the Garden Grill on our last trip and we had a good time. The characters were great-they came around to our table quite a bit. We ate there for lunch, I think it was at 11:30, and it was not busy at all. In fact, there were hardly any other people there. My husband liked the food better than I did, but I thought it was pretty good. We have not eaten at the other two choices yet-maybe next time!!

Goes4FastPass
05-26-2007, 12:39 PM
Garden Grill is a great character meal - we liked the food. It's a better choice than CReef

threeh
05-26-2007, 04:52 PM
Tough choice!!!

I love Rose and Crown, and haven't eaten at Coral Reef in years. If you've never tried the Garden grill why not try that?? Go for something new!! I've read lots of good things about it and it's on my list for our next trip.

Happy planning!!!

Could you possibly do R&C for lunch as well?? We had a really nice lunch there, ate on the patio in the back. Very nice!!

:mickey:

pook@wdw
05-26-2007, 05:14 PM
We have done them all numerous times. Did R & C last Oct. Had lagoon-side seats for Illuminations. Food was great and show was outstanding. :thumbsup: Have done The Land for character dining. Lots of great food (family-style). Mickey, Minnie, Chip, & Dale in all their country finest.:thumbsup: Wasn't real pleased w/Coral Reef this last time. Due to dining plan, menu changes often, and we weren't able to get what we had @ previous visits. Atmosphere was great. Kids loved the divers in the tank. But food was so-so, and service wasn't what we've come to expect from Disney. Probably will skip that one next time.:down: