PDA

View Full Version : Mentos Madness

disneydrmr
05-24-2007, 04:33 PM
I've seen several threads and mentions of the whole mentos in pop thing on this board so I wanted to share this news brief...

Mentos madness tonight
THE ENQUIRER

You could be part of today's attempt on Fountain Square to set a Guinness world record for the most geysers of Mentos and pop at one time.

Volunteers are needed to launch 500 geysers, which will be created by dropping Mentos mints into two-liter pop bottles on Fountain Square.

The show, sponsored by Fountain Square Management Group and Erlanger-based Perfetti Van Melle USA, makers of Mentos mints, is scheduled to start at 6 p.m.

Volunteers can register on the Square starting at 5 p.m. Participants will receive a gift bag with candy, a Mentos geyser-loading tube, goggles and a rain slicker.

Want to see what happens when you drop a lot of Mentos into scores of bottles of Diet Coke? Check out video of Experiment 137 on (took out website as per Icot's rules)

More of this ilk is on the Mentos Web page for the United States,(took out their website)

View a geyser in slow motion.

Learn about the attempt for the record, with hundreds of participants in Cincinnati, or read a PDF on making your own geyser.

Look into the science behind the eruptions.

If Experiment 137 isn't enough, view more videos, including a Gremlins parody. Click the titles.

And when you've checked out the entire U.S. site for Mentos, try sites for countries around the world.

kakn7294
05-24-2007, 04:51 PM
I've seen this on tv and it looks rather fun but a waste of a good bottle of Diet Coke. I hope they show this attempt on our local news here in Pittsburgh. If not, I'll have to look for it on the 'net.

disneydrmr
05-25-2007, 01:06 PM
If anyone wants to see what happens when you add mentos to coke... there is raw video and the story on this event (they DID set a record!) at wlwt dot com.. it's AWESOME to see!