PDA

View Full Version : Which DVC for a family of 8??

Dedivah
05-24-2007, 03:44 PM
So my sister and I are taking our families back to Disney. We both have a family of 4. She has a family of 5 but her oldest son will be 20 and pretty much is on his own.

So we are exchanging into a DVC through II so will begetting a 2 bedroom villa. Here are preferences in order.

1) Animal Kingdom Villas
2) Wilderness Lodge
3) BoardWalk
4) Saratoga Springs

The youngest in the group will be turning 5 on this trip. So we need some thing for the kids (16,16, 14 & 5) as well as the adults.

Any advice or suggestions??

Maleficent's Dad
05-24-2007, 04:41 PM
As far as room size, they're all the same. (Side note: you'd have significantly more space at OKW as their 2 BR's are enormous - even compared to other DVC 2BR accomodations.)

VWL for theme - great resort.
BWV for location - EPCOT and MGM are short walks away.

SSR is not my favorite, but it's been a while since I've stayed there - lately reviews have been very favorable here.

Can't speak for the AK villas...yet! ;)

MarkC
05-24-2007, 04:46 PM
I have teenage boys who are 17 and 15. They've both taken friends, and all of them have loved the Beach Club because of Stormalong Bay, and even the quiet pools. The bus service is outstanding and you can't beat the walk to Epcot. But with teenagers, I don't know how you can top the Beach Club.

ThanxForNoticin
05-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I find it interesting that you don't list OKW or BC, which would be our two recommendations. As stated above, OKW will offer the most space, which might be important with 9 of you. BCV offers a lot location-wise, especially with teen-agers, including the pool, easy access to EPCOT/MGM, an easy walk to Fantasia Mini-Golf, and evening entertainment at Boardwalk.

All the locations are terrific, though, so good luck with your decision.

momofdisneyprincess
05-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Just curious if you have already attempted to trade in through II? I have tried for years and own in Hawaii and have had no luck. Many DVC owners do not trade out so it is very difficult to trade in. I wish you all the luck though! Hope you were luckier than I!

MinnieMommie
05-25-2007, 05:03 PM
I stayed in a 2 beddroom with a party of 8 (me DH our 4 children and 2 of their friends) this past January. It was really nice ! I highly recommend SSR but must say that OKW has the largest internal space of the DVCs. :mickey:

Dedivah
05-29-2007, 11:51 AM
I find it interesting that you don't list OKW or BC, which would be our two recommendations. As stated above, OKW will offer the most space, which might be important with 9 of you. BCV offers a lot location-wise, especially with teen-agers, including the pool, easy access to EPCOT/MGM, an easy walk to Fantasia Mini-Golf, and evening entertainment at Boardwalk.

All the locations are terrific, though, so good luck with your decision.

I didn't choose BC because we live in the Virgin Islands and we are not very intrested in doing any of the Beach themed resorts. Only the Polynesian and that is Hawaiian.

OKW didn't really jump at me when I looked at it on the site. I will give it another look.

Just curious if you have already attempted to trade in through II? I have tried for years and own in Hawaii and have had no luck. Many DVC owners do not trade out so it is very difficult to trade in. I wish you all the luck though! Hope you were luckier than I!

This will be my first attempt to exchange with II. So far I have had good responses for my chance especially with the time involved. It won't be for 2 years so I have been told that I have a good chance. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the feed back!

Ian
05-29-2007, 01:20 PM
With a party of that size, I'd try for OKW since size definitely matters with your crew!

ThanxForNoticin
05-29-2007, 04:47 PM
I didn't choose BC because we live in the Virgin Islands and we are not very intrested in doing any of the Beach themed resorts. Only the Polynesian and that is Hawaiian.

If you get to enjoy the Virgin Islands all the time, I understand perfectly why Beach Club would not be on your list. Good luck with your choice.