PDA

View Full Version : Do the boats still run when it rains?

Alpha Jeanie
05-24-2007, 01:55 PM
We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge last May and loved using the boats to get around. We were VERY lucky and only had a brief 30-45 minute rainshower during our whole trip(and we were luckily at Ohana and missed the whole shower). We are heading back next May and were wondering if the boats from Wilderness Lodge still run when it rains or do you have to use the busses during the rain.

Ahoy!!:boat:

ibrowse17
05-24-2007, 02:08 PM
As long as it does not involve a thunderstorm, the boats will remain in service. Disney does not seem to stop for the weather, outside of hurricanes.

TheRustyScupper
05-24-2007, 02:17 PM
1) Rain is usually not problem.
2) However, they FREQUENTLY stop due to winds.
3) When they stop, it is typically the balance of the day.

LudwigVonDrake
05-28-2007, 04:14 PM
I have been on the boat from MGM to the Beach Club during a nasty lightning storm. They just won't let you sit outside on the back of the boat during those times :mickey:

BronxTigger
05-28-2007, 04:51 PM
I have been on the boat from MGM to the Beach Club during a nasty lightning storm. They just won't let you sit outside on the back of the boat during those times :mickey:

They use a different kind of boat from WL to MK than they do around the Epcot/MGM area. The WL boats are more open; the Epcot area boats have a sturdier cover.

LudwigVonDrake
05-28-2007, 09:51 PM
They use a different kind of boat from WL to MK than they do around the Epcot/MGM area. The WL boats are more open; the Epcot area boats have a sturdier cover.

I didn't know that...Thanks! :mickey:

RaRaRoundTheWorld
05-29-2007, 06:36 AM
I've seen them running even in the rain.

Off topic a little - we're thinking about the WL for our nex trip. We've only stayed at the GF so far, and still have pre-schoolers.

So, I was wondering if you don't mind answering some questions...
Was the WL boat crowded? How long did it take to get to the MK? How long did it take to get to the monorail hotels? I wonder if it's like a ferry boat and if we'll have trouble with our double stroller? We noticed the boats on our last trip, but weren't sure where they were headed an didn't want to have to fold/unfold our stroller and pull out all the things we'd stowed under it.

Thank you!

GrumpyFan
05-29-2007, 10:39 AM
So, I was wondering if you don't mind answering some questions...
Was the WL boat crowded? How long did it take to get to the MK? How long did it take to get to the monorail hotels? I wonder if it's like a ferry boat and if we'll have trouble with our double stroller? We noticed the boats on our last trip, but weren't sure where they were headed an didn't want to have to fold/unfold our stroller and pull out all the things we'd stowed under it.

The boats they use for Wilderness Lodge/MK are pretty big, I'm guessing they will hold more than 50 people at a time, probably closer to 75 or 80. As for your stroller, I believe they will allow you to use the wheelchair access in the back of the boat, but you may have to sit on the outside.