PDA

View Full Version : Touring Plans/advice

Mickey+Minnie91
05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
I was wondering if anyone has actually followed the tourning plans outlined in the "unoffical guide to Disneyland" Book. We will be there 7/13-7/17 and anything that will help with lines would be useful. Any advice.We will be traveling with a 9yr old, 6yr old and 5 yr old.:mickey:

Carol
06-13-2007, 07:32 AM
We didn't use the 'plan'. What do they suggest?

tinkwest
06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Although I have used the book in the past to get the feel of where in the park I might want to be during certain times of the day, I have never actually followed one of their "plans". Just a bit too structured for my taste. You also have to take everything they say with a grain of salt as the guide is not always as up to date as you may think.

With children the age of yours my best two pieces of advice are ...
1. Hit Fantasyland early!! The lines will NOT get any shorter in the evening.
2. Allow for pool time. It will probably be warm and everyone will need some cooling off & down time.

mjm12000
06-26-2007, 03:39 PM
I didn;t use a book, but I learned a lot on my trips. For sure do Fantasyland first thing, as it gets crazy busy. Also here is a tip about fast pass, you can get a fast pass and use it anytime after the return time... for instance you can get a spacemountain fast pass with a return time of 10:00am, but use it at anytime after that, for instance let's say you get a fast pass for Spacemountain and the stand by line is only 1/2 hour, I would get the fast pass and then go in the stand by line and ride it once, then I would use my fast pass later in the evening. The books and most people tend to tell you that you have to use it during the time stated on the pass, but you can use it anytime after the return time... if you are in doubt ask a cast member just to make sure this is still the case.

tdhiatt
06-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Biggest thing is that its all about the timing. Be at the gates at least 15 min before park opens. There will be a huge line, but it goes fast, this is the best time to ride. We go as fast as we can and hit it all. NEMO, AUTOTOPIA, DUMBO. The nasty lines. During this time also pick up a fast pass you can get new ones every 2 hours. IT really helps. Also arrive at parades or shows 1/2 hour early. We bring a backpack with gameboy or color books to use while passing the time. Also about noon or 1:00 it will get packed, use this time to go back to the hotel and rest or swim. Then go back later for a parad or show, usually during a show the lines will go down a little as well. NO WE DON"T FOLLOW ANYONE ELSES SCHEDULES. We do what works best. Trust me when you get there you will figure it out.