PDA

View Full Version : Where is the rainbow tunnel?

ariel03
05-24-2007, 01:28 PM
I was wondering where the rainbow tunnel is at journey into your imagination?
I have seen many pictures of it but have never seen it for myself.
I don't know where to look. Thanks! :mickey:

Brer Mickey
05-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Sadly, the Rainbow Tunnel was removed several years ago (along with several other cool sensory exhibits) during the refurbishment of Journey Into Your Imagination, and was located where the Kodak Image Works 'What If" Labs are now housed.

Tinkerkel
05-24-2007, 01:45 PM
I was totally bummed when we took DD4 (now 9!) for her 1st trip! I'd been telling her about it for a long time & had no idea that it had been removed...that was in the old days...before I discovered Intercot!

pianobabe
05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
Well, at least I now know I'm not crazy. I had thought on my very first trip to WDW there had been a tunnel, but I never could find it on any trip as an "adult". At least I know it wasn't a "Figment" of my imagination (I know that was bad, but I couldn't resist).

jefmblrd
05-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Ya, they ruined an incredible ride; it's a real shame. I don't even bother with it anymore, and it used to be one of my favorites in Epcot.

The last time I rode it, right after the second rehab, my son wanted to ride a second time in a row to show me an effect that I had missed. When we told the CM we wanted to go back on (there was no line) she asked us "Why?" I guess that sums up how the ride is when the CM has a reaction like that.

ariel03
05-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks everyone :mickey:

PirateLover
05-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Actually, I think the tunnel is still there. I seem to remember someone saying it was incorporated into the Kim Possible mission that they ran at Epcot. Regular guests can't access it though unfortunately.

biodtl
05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
One of my favorite photos from an old trip was in the rainbow tunnel. My kids were excited to see it last year on their first trip, and we were so disappointed that it was gone! The kids enjoyed the ride, but having been on the original, I was let down quite a bit.

Kate In Wonderland
05-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I miss the rainbow tunnel!!! :sob:

CM~Mserrano
05-24-2007, 02:49 PM
From what I remember, they do have another tunnel in Innoventions somewhere. I don't know if it was the rainbow tunnel or something similar, but I rememebr walking through it and it bringing back the memories of Journey into Imagination. It was fairly recently so it may still be there.

Juniorunc2001
05-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Not only is the Rainbow tunnel missed, but the old ride is missed also.
The new ride is horrible!
major dissapointment

Stu29573
05-24-2007, 03:54 PM
As far as I can tell, the tunnel exists only in my fond memories....WHY WHY WHY did they change that ride??????

kakn7294
05-24-2007, 04:44 PM
I too heard that the rainbow tunnel still exists but is not accessible to the public - it's somewhere on the second floor behind the door to "Figment's Place". I have no idea whether that's true or not as I don't remember much about the layout of the original ride, just the scenes themselves. My DD 12 loves the ride but doesn't remember the original since she was a baby - I'm sure she would have loved it much more.

TheMartellFamily
05-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Well what have they done with the upper floor of the Imagination pavillion? It is sad that took the whole second floor and brought everything down to the exit of the ride. Yeah I remember the rainbow tunnel found here.

CM~Mserrano
05-24-2007, 08:46 PM
When working at Epcot, I was privledged enough to go up there, it's mostly all still there. Dusty and unused. They could easily open it back up again and use all that fun stuff. Guess it has to do with staffing.

comicguy
05-24-2007, 08:53 PM
I once read that the second floor was closed for insurance reasons, I am not sure how true that isthough:unsure:

EmiB
05-24-2007, 08:57 PM
I remember when I would beg my parents to let me go to the Image Works on the 2nd floor and running up those stairs (which I believe are still there, directly in front of you when you enter the pavilion).

In my opinion, the "What If?" labs are just a big commercial for Kodak that I walk straight through.
I find it strange that they even re-created parts of the old Image Works (the conducting music stations, photo booths to add animated clipart to your picture, the sound panels on the floor) when it's all still up there...and more!
It makes me want to smack the Disney people in the back of the head!!!

DisneyWitch
06-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I miss all of the old stuff in Imagination. It made me sick when they replaced it all with such a hollow attraction. That pavillion used to be so full and inspiring and now it's just sad. I will never understand why this happens to some of these attractions that are obviously wonderful. What is the logic behind changing them?:confused:

DREAMADREAM93
06-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Judging by other posts, im going to be the minority by saying i do like the new one [not saying it was better than the first]. My family actually enjoys it, though we do think the better one was the first one.

But that song is so catchy that i dont care what ride goes with it :]

JOrdan:]

Ayndi
06-07-2007, 01:37 PM
One good thing about the new ride: No lines!

I don't care for it, and many times we just go in the Kodak area to send an email postcard out then leave. Sad.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Judging by other posts, im going to be the minority by saying i do like the new one [not saying it was better than the first]. My family actually enjoys it, though we do think the better one was the first one.

But that song is so catchy that i dont care what ride goes with it :]

JOrdan:]

We are with you. My kids like the ride and we have to ride it a few times on our trips. My DD is a big Figment fan. Her favorite scene is when he is upside down in the bathtub. ;)

Figgyluv03
06-08-2007, 12:25 PM
I miss the rainbow tunnel!!! :sob:

Me too! That was the best to get off the ride and walk through that!!!

trudisneygal
06-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Well I like the new ride, but I don't remember much about the old version of the ride. I do remember the Rainbow Tunnel though and I miss that! Now that I'm married I wanted to show DH the Rainbow Tunnel and it's not there. It's too bad. We still ride the ride and enjoy it.

snifflesmcg
06-09-2007, 01:16 AM
Wow, I remember that rainbow tunnel. I thought I was the only one who missed it. I was so sad to find out it had gone when I was there in 2001. Although my mother did have a flash to her camera (remember those?) stolen in that tunnel but that's another story.