PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe

grumpycajun
05-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Does anyone have any comments about the Cape May Cafe? I'm a sucker for steamed calms and mussels. We don't see them in Louisiana. I'm thinking about changing one of our ADR's so we can try it out. Any comments?

Thanks!

Nicki'sMom
05-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Only went for breakfast, but I heard its good.

Mickey'sGirl
05-24-2007, 01:35 PM
We tried it for the first time last month and LOVED it! I ate piles of the mussels, and my DS8 polished off as many shrimp (My DS3 ate some shrimp, but concentrated on the cupcakes!). It was a really terrific experience -- We also LOVE the breakfast at Cape May. :thumbsup:

Kate In Wonderland
05-24-2007, 02:14 PM
I've been there for breakfast a few times (which was fantastic), and this past visit we went to the clambake.

Now keep in mind that I live in Massachusetts, so I'm used to eating clams and mussels a lot and there are a lot of places around here where I can get them. Having said that...I think that the Cape May clambake is GREAT if you don't have clams and mussels very often. The food at Cape May was very good, but it wasn't the best I've ever had in my life, but that's because I have it at my disposal here. Does that make sense? I guess it would be kind of like going somewhere else to get cajun, knowing that the best cajun in the world is in Louisiana. Am I right? :thumbsup: But the food at Cape May was still really good and there was a TON of it! Believe me, my DH and I FILLED our plates! The clam chowder was excellent too (and I'm kind of a chowder connoisseur :D ).

My DH also really liked the ribs and at the dessert area, they had oreo tortes that are TO DIE FOR!

I'd say give it a shot, I bet you'll love it! Have a wonderful time!

dog-ears
05-24-2007, 03:29 PM
We've been there for breakfast and for dinner and both were really good! I thought there was a lot of choices at dinner as well so if you have someone in your party who doesn't enjoy the clam/shellfish offerings, they will still be able to find something they like.

tomorrowschild
05-24-2007, 03:58 PM
We love Cape May- eat supper there at least once every trip- if not twice. We don't get seafood up in our neck of the woods- so for us it is a treat. They also have wonderful "non-seafood items".
Here is a link to some pictures of the buffet- just seek forward to see them all.

Cape May Cafe (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/brettyoung321/detail?.dir=8375re2&.dnm=6b4bre2.jpg&.src=ph)

Jared
05-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Cape May Cafe is delicious. The dinner is my second-favorite buffet in Walt Disney World after Boma.

I was there for the third time with my mom and sister last night and had a wonderful experience. The clam chowder is creamy and authentic. All the seafood was fresh.

A bowl of chowder, plate of mussels and a slab of cornbread is a nearly perfect meal.

grumpycajun
05-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Thanks Y'all. Sounds like all thumbs up so far.

Kate in Wonderland, you're absolutely right. I pretty much stay away from "Cajun food" in restaurants outside of Louisiana unless I know the chef is Cajun (like me), or has spent a bit of time in kitchens down here. I lived in Massachusettes for a few years, so I know what you mean about the local clams and mussels! Guess we'll have to go to Cape May to satisfy that cravin'.:eat: