PDA

View Full Version : Is there waiting lists for switching? Also, OKW reviews?

xipetotec
05-24-2007, 11:56 AM
I posted recently about a futile attempt to book AKV at the 7 month mark for February.

Will member services allow me to book elsewhere *BUT* be kept on a waiting list in case there's cancellations ? Or is it that as soon as I book elsewhere, that's it it's done?

Also, what's everyone think of Old key West?

Zippy_D_DooDah
05-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Yes. Book what you can get and ask MS to waitlist you for what you really want. If it becomes available, they will call you and you'll have until the close of business to call them back if they have to leave a message. I also think they have the automatic waitlist that will just grab what you want and then they'll seed cofirmation in the mail.

I really liked OKW. We stayed in a two bedroom back in February. We were all the way down in South Point which was close to a path that wound around to Saratoga and DTD (a bit of a walk, though), but next time we will try to stay close to the Hospitality House. The villas showed a little age, but they were much bigger when compared to Saratoga. Not a bad experience at all.

ElenitaB
05-24-2007, 01:16 PM
When I want to go to WDW and not be in the "thick of things," I always try to book OKW. I love the resort and the rooms are the biggest DVC has to offer.

Lehman Family
05-24-2007, 01:44 PM
My Mom has the DVC and although OKW isn't her "home" resort, she ALWAYS books there. It's a great place. When we were there with them the last time we were within 50 yards of Olivia's, Conch Flats, the Pool, and everything else in the center. The rooms nice and we absolutely love Olivia's. If you can't get AKV, this is a great second choice.