PDA

View Full Version : Predators May Leave Nashville

WED1901
05-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Don’t Leave!! :(

There is going to be a press conference today. The Predators owner Craig Leipold is going to sell the hockey team to Canadian businessman Jim Balsillie. The Preds averaged 13,815 in paid attendance last season, below the 14,000 benchmark, which is in their contract. If paid attendance does not average 14,000 next season, the team could pay an exit fee of approximately $18 million and leave Nashville. I'm sure there is more to it than just that but business is business. It still hurts that they could leave town. Being new to hockey and had never attended a game until they came here a few years ago, It's freaking awesome live! If any of you guys ever get a chance to go and have never attended one GO! It's great!

kakn7294
05-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Being from Pittsburgh and recently going through the same with the same guy attempting to buy the Pens, I feel your pain. According to news reports here, the attendance has to drop off below 14,000 for him to be able to move the team. Hopefully fans will rally and he'll be stuck keeping them in Nashville. Good luck to all Predators fans - I hope things go your way!

BrerSchultzy
05-24-2007, 02:12 PM
According to news reports here, the attendance has to drop off below 14,000 for him to be able to move the team. Hopefully fans will rally and he'll be stuck keeping them in Nashville.

I wouldn't worry, unless the owner brings in Corbin Bernsen to play Left Wing....maybe sign Charlie Sheen to be your goalkeeper.

:sorry: I know it's a serious topic...but I couldn't resist.

Best wishes to Nashville. You've got a great team...here's hopin' they stay. Just, don't be surprised if Paul Newman is your next head coach.

Sorry again.

JPL
05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
I think this is something you are goingt o start see more often in the future. There is a demand for NHL teams in some cities yet the NHL has no interest in another expansion. Frankly I don't think they could handle one either. So now you will see business step in and attempt to purchase striuggling franchises and move them to said cities. I have heard Atlanta is anothe candidate for such a move.

WED1901
05-25-2007, 12:41 PM
From all the talk shows and news reports yesterday here the key like you said JP is Corp. Nashville. The fan base has stepped up and done all it can. Individual season tickets sales have increased all most every year. It’s time for the big boys to step up to plate. We are only 200 or so seats away from hitting the required average 14,000. I believe we will be ok.

Here is what I fear. I’m sure most everyone has seen the movie Major League were the owner wanted the team to move so bad she tried to do all she could to make the team fail. Some say this new owner will try this and move it to Vegas or Canada. The NHL commissioner does not want any team to fail especially in a city he approved in the first place. He does not want that on his watch, so we have that going for us. This new owner must put people in place that can develop better relationships with Corp Nashville then the previous owner to make this work.