PDA

View Full Version : Hard to get reservations

tungpo1
05-24-2007, 07:00 AM
I noticed the last year or so you cant get reservations unless you call almost a year in advance thats crazy they need to expand the campground its getting too popular!!!!

longing4magic
07-04-2007, 01:14 PM
I called about camping reservations for Nov. 2008 and they told me to call back July 26, 2007. They are taking reservations 499 days ahead.

ibrowse17
07-04-2007, 02:57 PM
For our last three trips to FW, I booked anywhere from 4 to 6 months ahead of time with no problems. Each time I made and got special requests, as well:thumbsup:

disneyvivi1980
07-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Question for Jan-Feb 2008:

I have not yet reserve for the last week of January and the first week of February in 2008 as I am awaiting for family members who might accompany me (I'll get response in about one month)...

Now that I am reading this I am getting worried. I've never had issues making ressies in June for a September trip.. would it be okay for me to wait in August or should I go ahead, make the ressie and cancel if the plan (family issue) doesn't come through in a month. I would be credited anyways right?

Please let me know what you think. It's for a campsite not a cabin if that helps.

faline
07-08-2007, 06:11 PM
You should be able to book a site only reservation now and cancel if you don't need it. You would only need to put down a deposit equal to one night's stay. You can cancel up to five days prior to arrival.

casey@bat
07-11-2007, 09:57 PM
I think it depends on the time of year you want to go. Christmas and the fourth of July week fill up quickly.

We always book as soon as we think we want to go, pay the one night deposit, and then cancel if our plans change. I have a reservation now for 2 weeks in July 2008. I will narrow it down to 7 days when I get my childrens' school schedule for next year.

MS_mom_1965
07-27-2007, 12:44 PM
I think being able to reserve a spot 500 days out actually makes the situation worse. If someone has any idea they may use the campground, they go ahead and make their reservation. Those who have definite dates within a few months of arrival can't get a site reserved because they were reserved by the "maybes" a whole year earlier. Then, when full payment time is due, the "maybes" cancel or adj their reservation. Just makes for a lot of calling back and checking, then re-checking, etc. Looks like it would be much simpler to just move the reservation deadline to around 180 days, like with ADR.

DNS
08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
I usually make mine early because we plan early, but this year we have family hoping to join us with their own motor home and get a space. They probably won't know until about a month before. This is for October. I hope they don't have any problems.