PDA

View Full Version : $165 one way-should I wait?

jonsmom
05-24-2007, 06:59 AM
I know there is no way for anyone to answer this question, I guess I am looking for many opinions.

I am already looking at airfare for next April. Its school vaca here in the Northeast. UsAir will have flights open tomorrow and I am trying to figure out if I should grab it, fuel prices/tickets will only go up or wait for Southwest in November. I am cant really be flexible and SW tickets sell so quickly.:cool: What to do? What to do....

pogo
05-24-2007, 07:13 AM
I'd wait if it was me. :yes:

I know it's hard but the fare seems a little high considering I paid $74 each way this past April. :mickey:

I usually by my tickets about three months ahead unless it is just to good to pass up. :secret:

Good luck with your decision. :D

DVCJohn
05-24-2007, 07:28 AM
I would also wait awhile. "Useless Airways" tends to run high when they first advertise fares. Having said that I was able to get $118 round trip on Airtran 2 weeks ago for my October Trip. I would start checking the fares about 6 months out. Sign up for email alerts from all of the airline that fly between Boston and Orlando and keep an eye out for a good deal.

DisneyMom12
05-24-2007, 07:32 AM
I would wait. Southwest has some good deals I just got round trip for $108.

scootch713
05-24-2007, 07:52 AM
I would wait. I have found the best deals at 4 months out..... we are going mid november and for the past three years I have found the best airline deals in July.

merlinmagic4
05-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Check Delta and read their refund policy if you book through them online; they have a low fare guarantee. I got 308 round trip for this past April vacation and found that to be a decent fare. The vacation week airfares are outrageous!

Marker
05-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm looking at $158 roundtrip on Southwest for September, and I'm (cautiously) waiting.

I had $117 rt in March, I'm hoping for something closer to that again, hoping Southwest throws us a sale for September fares.... but getting nervous.

momofdisneyprincess
05-24-2007, 03:01 PM
I would wait for Southwest and book as soon as they become available. You can always switch your flights if a cheaper flight becomes available and use your refund for travel within 12 months of the booking date. I just really like the non-stop flights with them and much prefer flying out of T.F. Green rather than Logan. Parking is much cheaper there too. Good luck with your decision!

kakn7294
05-24-2007, 03:32 PM
I waited - much to my benefit. I got SW at $108 RT instead of the $240 it was when the dates were first available. Before you book with anyone, check the airlines refund and flight change policies. You could save yourself a bundle right there. Some airlines charge huge fees if you need to cancel or change your flights.

CanadianWDWFan
05-24-2007, 03:57 PM
I would wait. We did and got our flights from Buffalo on AirTran for $89 each way. Watch the fares and when it hits the price you are comfortable with, then buy them

jonsmom
05-24-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi - I guess the consenus is to wait...I may do that. Availability for flights in October or September on SW isnt actually comparing apples to apples because of the school vacation period. WDW is a huge Northeast destination during school vacation week.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-24-2007, 06:17 PM
We booked the end of Nov 06 for Aug 07 and it was $300.00. When we went to switch our dates for the free dining, I had gone down to $219.00 round trip. So even with the $50.00 fee to change, we still have a credit towards future travel. Which is funny because we booked so early because we had vouchers that were expiring. We booked on Delta.
And my sister who is going the same time just booked for the same time on Air Tran, I think, and it's only $174.00 approx. round trip.

SallyfromDE
05-24-2007, 06:50 PM
I know there is no way for anyone to answer this question, I guess I am looking for many opinions.

I am already looking at airfare for next April. Its school vaca here in the Northeast. UsAir will have flights open tomorrow and I am trying to figure out if I should grab it, fuel prices/tickets will only go up or wait for Southwest in November. I am cant really be flexible and SW tickets sell so quickly.:cool: What to do? What to do....

Are you looking at Easter week? I wouldn't wait. Normally, air for us is around $220. We went SW. When we first started to look, it was around $250. We waited too long and ended up closer to $300. So, if you go Easter, I would NOT wait!!

TikiGoddess
05-24-2007, 07:20 PM
I would book them. I think $174 RT is a good price for a vacation time -- in fact, I think I will look at them myself.

We are thinking of going the 3rd week of April (vacation time in CT). My brother lives in Albany and their vacation time is tied to Easter (late March). We are thinking about booking flights out of Albany for the 3rd week in April since that isn't vacation time for the Albany area. Hopefully we will get some deals! Maybe you can look at nearby airports and see if you can find something similar.

Good luck!
TikiG

jonsmom
05-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Are you looking at Easter week? I wouldn't wait. Normally, air for us is around $220. We went SW. When we first started to look, it was around $250. We waited too long and ended up closer to $300. So, if you go Easter, I would NOT wait!!

It isnt Easter week - Easter falls on March 23rd next year.