PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd Leg of Our Honeymoon World Tour Part 3

Carolanne
05-23-2007, 11:19 PM
I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the reports--I like writing about our trips just as much as I enjoy the trips themselves :mickey:

All in all, DH & I had a great time. The weather was wonderful, the crowds were great, and I wanted those 5 days to go on forever.

We had just as much fun on this trip as we did during our trip last September. DH kept referring to the UK section of Epcot as "Wee Britain". In Disney-MGM park, DH did not disappoint--he did his "Gotta Dance!" routine whenever I thought it was totally inappropriate. And at the "You're a Character" booth, DH pouted because "the kids are hogging all the machines!" I'm going to have him wanting to come back to Disney year after year soon enough :mickey: . We did have to high-tail it out of the Studios because one of their great "directors" appeared to be eyeing DH to play the part of a speeding locomotive, but DH wasn't feeling particularly motivated that day. We loved the attention our "Just Married" pins brought on--it's amazing how people that don't know you can seem so genuinely happy for you. Only in Disney. And I'm always impressed with how the CM's working at the Haunted Mansion seem to stay in character. As DH & I entered the foyer, the CM eyed our "Just Married" pins, looked us both in the eyes & said "Our sincere condolences to you both," and went back to his business.

So, final thoughts: I'm not sure how I feel about the recorded spiel that plays on the WDW buses. I like the music, but at the same time I miss the bus drivers' banter & trivia. While I do miss that, I did dig hearing the Austin Powers theme song (just happens to be my ringtone!) on our bus as we were heading back to Pop after a long day at the parks. And I'm sure the recording will be nice on those rare days where you get the bus driver that appears to be auditioning for the role of Grumpy.

Grand Fiesta Tour feat. the Three Caballeros: I'm probably in the minority on this, please don't hate me, but...I actually preferred El Rio de Tiempo. Maybe it was the nostalgia thing--the El Rio de Tempo reminded me of the films they used to show you in school, which I loved; all that was missing on this ride was the voice telling you to advance to the next frame :mickey: . But I understand, things need to grow & change, and this includes Disney (though I'll be heartbroken if Jeremy Irons isn't doing the new narration for Space Ship Earth). I just don't "get" the Grand Fiesta Tour, I guess.

The Disney magic was alive & kicking the majority of the time. Aside from the room drama, there were very few times where the magic had lapsed; those all happened to be in restaurants. Our server at The Plaza restaurant seemed to be in an exceptionally Eeyore mood that particular day; no matter what I did, I could not get this guy to crack a smile. And at the end of our meal, once he brought us our receipt for a signature we never saw him again. Our last trip with the DP, I never felt like we were being rushed, even when our appetizer, entree, and dessert orders at the same time. This year, I felt like we were getting the bum's rush at The Plaza, Coral Reef (which was made up for with the glowing Tink), and the Cape May breakfast buffet (and we paid for the DP this time!). But who knows, maybe we just happened to have eaten at those places on off days. I will say, Adam at LeCellier was wonderful.

All said, our Disneymoon was wonderful--I was sorry to see it end! We checked out on 5/21 (had a 12:50 PM flight back to Philly). We closed out the day with lunch at Chik-fi-la and then shopping for me at LUSH (I'm hooked on their Honey, I Washed the Kids soap) in MCO. I have a Girls Only trip to the World in September to look forward to (yay mom!), so I should probably start a new countdown clock. In the meantime, I think I'll work on convincing DH that next year he would love to see how WDW celebrates Christmas :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethanymouse
05-24-2007, 07:18 AM
I loved reading your reports. I am happy that you had such a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

pogo
05-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Grand Fiesta Tour feat. the Three Caballeros: I'm probably in the minority on this, please don't hate me, but...I actually preferred El Rio de Tiempo.
I happen to agree with you. I was very dissapointed with the rehab. But there wasn't much else they could have done. And now.... they won't let you take your drink with you on the ride. We've always enjoyed our :marg: from the Margarita Stand while riding this but the CM's said "sorry folks, no drinks allowed. :(

Thank you for sharing your Disneymoon with us.:cloud9: I've enjoyed reading it because it helped bring back so many memories for me.:D

January-2007
05-24-2007, 08:32 AM
:thumbsup: Thanks for reporting! Isn't it great to come home to another trip to plan? I mean that relatively of course, it's never great to come home!

SBETigg
05-24-2007, 08:53 AM
Gotta dance! I love it. Good to hear about the Grand Fiesta transformation. I have a feeling I'll miss Rio del Tiempo too. Checking out is sad, but you'll be back! That helps. :mickey:

Belle's Mom
05-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Thanks for reporting! It was great to read about a fun trip! Happy planning!:mickey:

faline
05-24-2007, 10:04 AM
Glad you had a good trip despite some disappointments with cast members!

scooterca42
05-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Glad you had a wonderful time ! For those of us Canadians of a certain age *cough* the Austin Powers theme will always and forever be the theme from "Definition" - a Canadian game show from the 70's - heh - that's where Mike Meyers got it from!

sleepingbooty
05-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Sounds like a great trip to me- thanks for reporting!

Spaceship Tigger
05-29-2007, 11:45 AM
And now.... they won't let you take your drink with you on the ride. We've always enjoyed our :marg: from the Margarita Stand while riding this but the CM's said "sorry folks, no drinks allowed. :(

Are you serious? We discovered taking the :marg: on El Rio del Tiempo last time and it made the ride so much better. Now I'm really not happy about the rehab...

disneydrmr
05-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Ah! There is no Christmas like a Disney Christmas - so good luck convincing your DH to check it out! And thanks for sharing your Disneymoon! Sounds like a magical trip was had! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
06-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Disney for Christmas is great. You have to go. ;)Thanks for sharing your trip with us:thumbsup: