PDA

View Full Version : Gifts to send to WDW?

tinksmom02
05-23-2007, 09:26 PM
My friend and her son are heading to the world next month to celebrate his HS graduation. I would like to do something for them. I checked WDW florist, and not only do they seem really expensive, but the gift baskets don't really seem that appropriate for a grown woman and her grown son. Can anyone give me suggestions on items I could put in a gift for them? I would prefer not to spend boatloads of money, just a small gesture to congratulate her son and let them know I was thinking of them. Pretty sure autograph books and Mickey ears won't do it, but I'm absolutely drawing a blank!

Also, am I correct in assuming I would be able to ship a package down there prior to the check-in? Advice on this would be appreciated, as well.

Thanks, guys!

wendy*darling
05-23-2007, 10:25 PM
You can ship packages to WDW prior to your (or their) trip. Address it to their resort, and add their name and arrival date in the lower left corner of the label.
Make sure to use FedEx or UPS, and not the US Postal Service. The delivery services go directly to the resorts. USPS goes through a clearinghouse and takes an uncertain number of days to get to the resort and to you (or your friend). Believe me- I learned the hard way!

As for what gifts- I have teenage sons and they like cash! I would suggest a Disney Gift Card or Disney Dollars that they can use on their vacation.
Your local Disney Store or disneyshopping.com also have little plush Graduation Mickey figures, and other graduation themed trinkets (picture frames and more) this time of year. How about an antenna topper with his graduation year? (My son had one on his car for several months after HS graduation.) A Disney coffee mug is a nice possibility too.

But, if it were me- I would give it to him before they left. I would be a little uneasy about sending gift cards/cash by UPS.

biodtl
05-24-2007, 08:55 AM
I was going to say Disney Dollars, too, but wendy*darling has a point about shipping them. How about shirts or hats with their favorite characters to wear in the park? or you could put together a little gift bag of "essentials", like sunscreen, lip balm, bug spray, a fanny pack or wallet-type thing for carrying money and cards, some snakcs for the room. Toss in a small disney item and it's done.

ISLE39
05-24-2007, 10:09 AM
i was thinking the exact same thing disney dollars or the disney gift card easy to get at your local disney store and no worries about if it made it to the resort and to your friend and son.

tinksmom02
05-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the great ideas! You all have a point about shipping to the resort. If I can get myself in gear, I'll head out to the Disney store to find some stuff, and ship it out to their home before they leave. Maybe mark the box do not open until WDW!

Thanks again!