PDA

View Full Version : Spectromagic: First or Second Show?

jcshiff
05-23-2007, 08:14 PM
In my continuing efforts to (over)plan for one day at the MK, I am trying to determine if I should watch the Spectromagic parade before or after Wishes?

If I see it before, I probably get a good seat for both the parade and Wishes, and I should be able to run off and do one or two more rides before the park closes 40 minutes later. But I'll lose a lot of time holding a parade spot, and when they stop letting me on teacups at 11pm, I'll have to push through the parade crowds to get out.

But if I go the second parade, I'll have to contend with the first parade's crowd to get a spot for Wishes, but the crowd should thin significantly afterwards, so I should get a better spot for the parade. And the park is supposed to close the same time the parade starts, so I will be using more of my ridable time for rides and my non-ridable time for non-rides, which seems efficient to me.

Am I missing anything in my analysis? Has anyone tried it both ways and found one way better? Thanks in advance for the advice!

cajunmickey
05-23-2007, 09:30 PM
When there are two spectro parades we always try to see the last one. There are more families and small children trying to find a spot for the first show. We watch wishes and then walk down mainstreet and find a good spot for the second parade. By this time alot of people are leaving the park, and spots are easy to find. And you are correct you don't have to waste riding time.

JPL
05-23-2007, 09:34 PM
I definately try for the second parade since most families with young children leave the park and it is much less crowded:thumbsup:

jkj1224
05-23-2007, 11:23 PM
most people try to see the first parade so they can leave, so I find that it's usually better to use the time when most people are finding spots for the parade to go on rides you can get more stuff in.