PDA

View Full Version : Driving from tennessee

nel
05-23-2007, 07:37 PM
I will be driving to the world from TN. I will make a stop in Atlanta (never been there). Where do you suggest to rest 1 or 2 nights. Downtown or Buckhead? Thanks

Belle's Mom
05-23-2007, 09:53 PM
IMO, it depends on your age. Buckhead is geared more towards the 20s set. I don't really feel comfortable going there (at night) anymore. Really cool shops, though. Downtown is my choice. There is so much to do. Aquarium, Olympic Park, Atlanta Zoo, Margaret Mitchell house, the Varsity...the list goes on and on. Just walking downtown and seeing the Fox Theatre is impressive. Maybe someone who lives there now can chime in to help more since I live an hour and a half away and haven't lived there since middle school...:D

Sunshine1010
05-23-2007, 10:02 PM
You should stop and stay at Valdosta, GA. It's SOOOOO affordable. It's past Atlanta.

BUT ----- if money is no concern, stay at a place downtown that has secured parking.

P.S. I was mugged in Atlanta...in FRONT of the CNN building. So don't let the thought that 'nice places could be safe'.....

Have a great time!!!!

Advnt05
05-24-2007, 08:50 AM
I live in Atlanta and would stay more in the downtown area too. Unless you have a driving need to visit Atlanta, I would consider what the other poster said and move on through to either Valdosta or possibly go to the coast (Savannah, Jekyl, St SImons). It depends on where you are coming from in TN and how long you want to drive.
Of course, if you stay in Atlanta, you have the Braves, the aquarium, the new coke museum, concerts, and such.

nel
05-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks a lot. I will stop at downtown. Maybe in Hampton Inn, what do you think?