PDA

View Full Version : Good times to reserve Beach Club Villas?

MarkC
05-23-2007, 03:57 PM
We're just buying in to a Beach Club resale and have a question. Due to our kids being teenagers and having restrictive school/sports schedules, our best times to go to Disney is in early August or late October (fall break). Can anyone advise how easy it is to reserve Beach Club Villas for those times? We can use the 11 month window if need be but would prefer to wait a little bit to make sure we get the exact days we can travel, etc., especially for the 1st week of August. Anyone have any experience with these times, either good or bad? Thanks.

pox24
05-23-2007, 04:25 PM
October is perfect.... Not crowded. Sept and Oct best time to go. August very hot down here and parks are still very busy.

Maleficent's Dad
05-23-2007, 08:43 PM
The BCV are extremely popular. Both times you've listed as possible vacation times are quite busy.

Early August is still summer break - for most of the nation. Although it's hot down there, the villas will be a hot commodity (no pun intended) as they have a great pool as well as the location.

October brings the F&W Festival - which essentially means that everything along the BC/YC/BW area will be in high demand. Being that close to EPCOT does have its advantages! ;)

If at all possible, I'd use the 11 month window - that's a huge, huge benefit from being able to call the BCV "home!" :mickey:

MarkC
05-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the advice. We've stayed at Beach Club both of those times of the year but this will be our first run as DVC members. We love the pool, especially our teenage boys, who have decided they like it better than the parks. Gee, I wonder why? I think we can reserve out 11 months OK. We'll just need to find airfare for those exact days. Thanks again for the help.

CarolMN
05-24-2007, 08:57 AM
If you want or need one of the 2 bedroom units that has 2 queen beds in the second bedroom, my advice would be to call as soon as your 11 month window opens. There aren't very many (i think I heard 25?) and they book very, very quickly!

But if you would be OK with a 2 bedroom unit that has 1 queen bed and 1 queen sleep sofa in the second bedroom or a lock off 2 bedroom, you don't need to call quite so soon to be sure of getting a reservation. You should still try to reserve well before the 7 month mark, though. Once that window opens, whatever is available will soon be gone!

It's generally easier to get a 1 bedroom than a 2 bedroom. Studios (probably not the best choice with 2 teens, though) also go fairly quickly.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome home!