PDA

View Full Version : cheap off property hotels

rainbodragon
05-23-2007, 03:39 PM
We are looking to do disney this year on a tight shoestring budget. The cheaper the hotel, the longer we can stay. Does anyone have recommendations for really cheap, close to the park accomodations?:confused:

biodtl
05-23-2007, 04:14 PM
I don't know how cheap they are looking for, but often times, it;s just as economical to stay at the value resorts. The rates start at about $80/night, depending on time of year. If you stay off property, you will need to pay for parking every day, which is $10/day. On property, you havw transportation included.

If you go during the free dining plan, you are really saving, (though even if you have to pay for it, DDP can save you money).

You can also sometimes find discounts through AAA, etc on room rates & packages.

PetefromRI
05-23-2007, 05:18 PM
What price range are you looking for?

crazeedizneefinatic
05-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Like the previous poster mentioned if going on an off time it's just the same to stay onsite. If you stay off site you need a rental car to get you from the airport to your hotel to the parks, not to mention the parking fee per day. We have stayed off site a few times because we thought the price difference was in our favor when in fact it truly is not. Sit down and price everything out. You might be able to find a hotel that is cheaper but check it out first. Make sure it's somewhere you would want to sleep. Good luck. Planning and searching for deals is half the fun.:mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-25-2007, 06:42 AM
We once stayed at the Wyndham Palace Resort & Spa. It's on Disney property but not a Disney hotel. It was a suite and it was like 89$ a night. There was a king size bed, 2 tvs, a couch bed, table for 5, fridge, coffee maker, little kitchen area and a huge bathroom. We were on the first floor and we had 2 patios. It was really nice and cheap. :thumbsup: I would stay there again in a second:blush:

dolphinmickey9170
05-25-2007, 10:28 AM
We stayed for three weeks last july at travelodge suites at 5399 west irlo bronson and only paid $59 a night for a suite with two dbl beds and a sleeper sofa, fridge, microwave, coffee pot. Just look for the big orange on the left of Rt 192. You can't miss it.

grumpycajun
05-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Last year we drove in a day early and found a $49.00 room for a night in in Kissimmee. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the place, but it wasn't one of the big chain hotels. We found it by stopping in one of those "tourist" places on the interstate around Ocala and grabbing one of the brochures that list lodging. My wife called around and found the best rate while I drove the rest of the way.

mttafire
05-25-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't know how cheap they are looking for, but often times, it;s just as economical to stay at the value resorts. The rates start at about $80/night, depending on time of year. If you stay off property, you will need to pay for parking every day, which is $10/day. On property, you havw transportation included.

If you go during the free dining plan, you are really saving, (though even if you have to pay for it, DDP can save you money).

You can also sometimes find discounts through AAA, etc on room rates & packages.
Agreed 100%..We too think its a better deal to stay at a value than off property.:thumbsup:

Tigerlilly
05-25-2007, 05:03 PM
We shot to stay off site 2 nights on our most recent trip to go cheap. We stayed at a Comfort Inn (on Turkey Lake) We had a "Suite" that was 2 double beds, a fold out couch and a microfridge.
Once they added on all their charges - occupancy charges, resort rates, phone rate etc, It was more than a night at the Values. The room was listed as $59, we ended up paying $80.
On the other hand, there was a great pool that was open all night with a pool bar that was open till 11. We had the microfridge and they had a complimentary full breakfast. You wouldnt get the microwave or free breakfast onsite.