PDA

View Full Version : Characters with Moving Mouths and Eyes??

jaredkari
05-23-2007, 02:23 PM
We just got back from Florida yesterday and we were able to go to MK for one day. We were with the whole family so the our little nieces wanted to watch the show in front of the castle (i forget what it is called share a dream??) I have briefly walked by these shows going on but I had never seen the characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy) have their eyes and mouths move along with the songs and dialog. It was really impressive.

Does anyone know how long they have been using these costumes and how do they do it?? Is it all a remote control program that is timed out with the music or is there a puppetier backstage making their mouths move?? Anyway that was the first time I had seen this and I thought it was really cool. :mickey:

Camaro305
05-23-2007, 03:42 PM
I saw Mickey's Magic Show with my kids not long ago, and mouths moved and eyes blinked too. I think it's something in the suit itself.

Figment!
05-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Does anyone know how long they have been using these costumes They became a standard part of the show in Mid-February 2007 with test performances several weeks earlier.

and how do they do it?? Is it all a remote control program that is timed out with the music or is there a puppetier backstage making their mouths move??

Magic Spoiler {Highlight below to read}

It works by self-contained puppetry inside each costume.If you pay close attention to the performers hands, one would notice that their fingers seem to move in correlation with the facial movements.