PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace

Dyanna
05-23-2007, 01:24 PM
We are looking into going to CP for dinner with our then 10 month old. What types of food will we find here? Want to make sure DH is well fed.:eat: If the Parade starts at 8pm what time do you think I should make reservations so we don't miss it?

Tygger7
05-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Crystal Palace is actually a buffet restaurant...all you can eat. They have a great variety, and I about made myself sick on the dessert station (endless Key Lime Pie...).:cloud9: If you look under the dining link here on Intercot, they have menus for most of the restaurants. I haven't looked at what's out there for Crystal Palace, but I would expect that there are some more specifics about what they serve. From what I can remember (besides the Key Lime Pie), they had peel & eat shrimp, prime rib, fried chicken, and fish for main entrees....but don't hold me to that. I could be mixing it up with another buffet we went to. I will say the character interaction at CP was great...even my 14 year old daughter took place in the "parade". :tigger:

DShultz
05-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Just went to Crystal Palace last Saturday primarily for the characters and ended up the food was an extremely pleasant surprise. Didn't go in expecting much from the buffet, but all of the food was excellent (and we're pretty picky) - fresh, well prepared and tasty.

Has a great salad bar, peel & eat shrimp, two fish entrees (salmon and Mahi-mahi for us), carved prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, corn bread, two excellent veggie sides (broccoli and mixed veggies) an awesome Jasmine rice and a bunch more. Best I can remember at least one chicken entree, two soups, pork BBQ, some sort of pasta, etc. Chicken fingers and Mac and cheese for the kids (although my son ate mostly from the adult stuff). Good selection of desserts including soft ice cream and really yummy cookies.

Characters were Pooh, Eyeore, Piglet and Tigger and they did a good job of hitting all of the tables (they kind of do a continuous rotation among the tables).

Our whole family (4 of us) loved this dinner. A very nice selection of well prepare, high quality and tasty food. Enjoy!