PDA

View Full Version : For those calorie counters

Figgyluv03
05-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Okay, well, I'm not really a calories counter, at least not a hardcore one yet. I like to just keep an eye out of what I consume a day. Can you request the amount of calories in your meals at Disney.?

berri_boo
05-23-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure if you can request the amount of calories in your meals...but they should have some sort of nutritional guide since they are restaurants.

Unless you are calorie counting for a medical reason I say forget that counting :eat:...that's what I did! :secret:

Seriously though...if you are that worried (unless for a medical reason - as stated above) I say just try to eat healthier options instead of the fast food options (pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, fries....etc).

I suggest to bring some of those 100 Calorie packs - they are a good snack option compared to :popcorn: (which is very fatty when butter is added), cookies, & ice cream.

psychotekkie
05-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I would suggest
#1 Don't do the dining plan if you don't want to gain weight. All those desserts!

#2 If you are in a TS restaurant, if a meal comes with a side of fries or rice or other starch, ask if it can be substituted with veggies. That gives you less calories and you don't feel so weighted down afterward.

#3 Avoid getting high calorie drinks (like soda). Save the calories for the food, and drink water for your thirst.

#4 Remember that this is your vacation. So keep things in moderation but don't stress out over calories. You can stress out when you come home.

cmay0507
05-24-2007, 11:40 AM
I was in Disney last September during free dining and I just ate anything I wanted ( I do weight watchers) I did not count calories (points) we did a lot of walking and when I came home I did not gain or loss any pounds so it all evened out :mickey: The next week I did lose a pound :cool:

Dedivah
05-24-2007, 12:07 PM
I agree with the previous post.

I say chuck your diet at the gates and enjoy yourself for however long you are there and then hit it hard when you get home.

I low carb so I did gain 6 pounds my last trip there with out all the walking it could have been more. When I got home I got back on my plan and it was gone in a couple of weeks.