PDA

View Full Version : Late Breakfast ADR?

Nicki'sMom
05-23-2007, 12:24 PM
I just called to make a late breakfast reservation at 1900 Park Fare and the woman I spoke to told me she had a 10:45 seating and when I asked her if she had an 11 or 11:30 she said"well yeah I do but don't you want to have time to enjoy it?" Now I have two problems with this. 1. Why withhold time slots from people because you think it is too late and 2. Is this REALLY too late to enjoy character interaction? I mean would they offer the times if the characters stopped rounding on the tables of guests? I am completley worried now that all we will get is cold food and no characters coming to the table. Can anyone give me any insight on this who has had a late seating for breakfast at a character dining restaurant! Thanks.

PracticallyPerfectMollie
05-23-2007, 01:25 PM
I don't know but i hope that somebody that does comes along because we have late breakfast adrs at play and dine :confused:

Tygger7
05-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Well, I guess my question is why worry about a 15 minute difference? Truth is, most restaurants start serving lunch at 11am....I know because we always eat really early and wait to get lunch right at 11am (mainly to beat the lunch rush...but we're also starving by that time.) From the breakfast/lunch transitions I've observed (for buffets), they begin pulling the breakfast items at 11am and start gearing up for lunch. Based on my experiences, I wouldn't make a breakfast reservation (for a character breakfast) any later than 10am...but that's me. My suggestion would be to forego trying to do a character breakfast and do an early character dinner...you can get reservations at the beginning of the dinner seating period (usually 5pm) and have the whole evening to eat and enjoy the characters. Hope this helps! :mickey:

CaptShang
05-23-2007, 03:48 PM
I can't speak to 1900 Park Fare, but last December we did a 10:30 character breakfast at Crystal Palace. They did start consolidating the two buffet lines, but the food seemed just as fresh as when we've been earlier in the day. The characters still come around, and I know at the Crystal Palace that if you weren't able to see certain characters while you eat, they've always been willing to stop and visit with you when you're ready to go. Just ask the handler. Our server also repeatedly assured us not to hurry and that we had plenty of time to eat and see the characters. In fact, because they were transitioning, it seemed that if anything, there were fewer guests there.

moe513
05-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Great question. I passed on a 1030 adr because I thought that maybe the food selection wouldnt be as good.

Nicki'sMom
05-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Well, the good thing about 1900 Park Fare is there is no character lunch, so they will have to keep the breakfast fires burning for us but I was just alarmed by that CM who made the reservation for me. She made it seem like we wouldn't enjoy our experience. Not a very Magical thing to say to someone. We are just trying to fit in the Alice in Wonderland characters. Hopefully it will all work out.

May524
05-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I certianly hope this isn't the case! The only time we could get Chef Mickeys for my grand gathering was at 10:50 :(

MsMin
05-24-2007, 12:30 PM
We did CM for breakfast in Dec. 05 and I asked about the switch to lunch when our server came to the table. I was concerned that we would have to hurry and she assured us that the first seating gets the same treatment as the last and that we wouldn't have to worry about the buffet shutting down or running out. We did have a great meal. Yes, they do start to consolidate and remove the repetition from the bar but we enjoyed it we didn't feel pressured and the food was just as fresh as if they had just opened (not dryed left overs to pick through).