PDA

View Full Version : Favorite candy at Disney?

baby minnie's mommy
05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
What is your favorite candy to buy at any of the candy stores at Disneyworld? I need suggestions for candy to bring home to enjoy! :shop:

LilOrmstonViolet38
05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
two candies pop into my head... one isn't a take home though, as a kid i took it home once... bad idea... but the first you can take home is willy wonka chocolate... mmmhmmm that is good stuff... the other is if you go to Goofy's Candy Co. in Downtown Disney the oreo cookies... well any of the delectible treats you can have "personalized" i just love the Oreos... they are about 5 times an oreo's size... maybe bigger... and you can get it dipped in milk, dark or white chocolate and then dipped in crumbs of candy bars, nuts, other cookies, and sprinkles... mmmm even better! they also do pretzles.. and other things that allude me right now... but just the stop in Goofy's Candy Co. really is worth it, and stick around to watch one be made even if you don't want one (they can be pricey) because it's fun to watch people get their special treat! :)

another thing i love more than that, but yet again not a take home thing... in Downtown go to ghiradeli's and get a chocolate chip cookie (they are huge and like $3) and asked for it warmed up... my mouth is watering right now thinking about it... my parents and i always shared one for a snack and on our honeymoon DH and i shared one (twice) mmmmm :cloud9: i love cookies....

Christine
05-23-2007, 12:30 PM
There are three packs of chocolate bars that are wonderful! (One is milk chocolate, one with almonds, one is rice crunch). They come in Mickey or princess themes. There may be more theme packs, but I know of these two for sure.

I also like to get the unicorn lollipops...we usually get those while waiting for and watching parades and fireworks.

Of course, you can't beat homemade fudge and rice krispie treats. Then there are the wonderful WDW theme treats (one of my favorites is the monorail car that has tart n tinies in it and is also a bank). And there are stuffed animal purses filled with candy that are to die for! My daughter has the Mickey Mouse one.

Just be ready to do some serious :spend: when you hit Main Street Confectionary in Magic Kingdom or Goofy's Candy Company downtown.

DDBird
05-23-2007, 12:35 PM
The first place we hit every trip is Main Street Confectionary. DH & DD love the fudge and the Goofy Taffy - we bring bags of the taffy home for everyone and have to bring the fudge home for my FIL whenever we go.
I personally love the chocolate covered strawberries....would not suggest travelling with these:mickey:

Jenemmy
05-23-2007, 12:55 PM
There is something about a rice krispie treat shaped like a Mickey head that just tastes better!!! I always bring a few home for fun.

As far as serious candy....I recall getting some mickey head shaped truffles in Animal Kingdom. Gosh, I can't think of the name of the store at the moment, but it is the main souvenier shop in AK. They have a candy counter tucked in there. They were soooo good -- I bought each member of my family their favorite flavor and we just ate them and went into a momentary trance.....

Gosh....I must like things shaped like mickey heads....:mickey: :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

JPL
05-23-2007, 01:52 PM
The gummi Characters from Goofy's Candy Company:mickey: I am so addicted to these I actually have people send them to me :blush:

prttynpnk
05-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Fudge, fudge and more fudge!
If I have any room left the mickey chocolate dipped rice krispie treats!
mmmmmmmmm.

bleukarma
05-23-2007, 03:03 PM
Outside of the World in my "normal" life I am a serious chocolate person. I won't even look at candy unless it's chocolate. But when I'm at Epcot I HAVE to buy tons of Rice candy in Japan. I may be 27 but I still get a kick out of how you can eat the wrapper! I usually buy a few boxes of it and bring it home for friends. And since it isn't chocolate, it doesn't melt and is perfect for traveling! :thumbsup:

Disnamic Duo
05-23-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm glad you asked this question. It reminded me that I have a tin of "Mickey Mouse & His Pals" Cinnamons right here in my office. I'm popping one in my mouth right....now (make that two). These are really good, and I can carry them around the parks with me, or bring them home.

"Whew! This is some hot stuff!", as the can says.

scooterca42
05-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Chocolate coconut Mickey heads. Coconut shaped like Mickey with chocolate on the back. Comes in convenient boxes and are just delicious.

Sharon1026
05-23-2007, 05:13 PM
Let me preface this by saying that there is no bad candy!!

I like the Goofy Taffy, fudge, rice krispy treats.

I also like the retro Mickey and Donald coffee mugs that they sell in the shops. I might have to pick a few of those up.

:stitch2:

Piglet822
05-23-2007, 05:43 PM
The gummi Characters from Goofy's Candy Company:mickey: I am so addicted to these I actually have people send them to me :blush:

I can hook you up :secret: Just let me know when you're running low.

maizey05
05-23-2007, 05:58 PM
There are plum hard candies in Japan. They look really cool and are pretty good. I second the coconut mickey's. They'e the best. The chocolate nut fudge is yummy. I always have to get one of those huge lollipops for my cousins. There is also a candy shop at Epcot, where you can choose a "candy holder" and fill it.

mouseketeer mom
05-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Chocolate coconut Mickey heads. Coconut shaped like Mickey with chocolate on the back. Comes in convenient boxes and are just delicious.

I'm with you! They're called Mickey Coconut Patties! UMMM UMMM. They are a must for every trip. My DD loves the Tigger Peanut butter cups. My other DD loves the rock candy and fudge. My son loves it all. We stop at least twice a trip at the main street confectionary. I get my Mickey Coconut patties at the Polynesian..somehow they just are more fun to get there! They come in a box that looks Hawaiianish. Love them!

Belle619
05-24-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm with you! They're called Mickey Coconut Patties! UMMM UMMM.

Yes, the Mickey coconut patties are my favorite! They are so yummy!!!!

baby minnie's mommy
05-24-2007, 08:12 PM
All of these sound so good. When I go into a candy shop at Disney (or anywhere!) I get so overwhelmed. So now I have some ideas! I should have mentioned the trip home is just a 1 1/2 hour drive, so even the treats less ideal for travel should be fine! Now to convince DH that I need to try each of the above mentioned treats.....:D

MomofKatie
05-24-2007, 08:42 PM
I love the Goofy regular and sour taffy. DD is a chocolate freak, so she loves the personalized giant Oreo cookies at Goofy's Candy Co. DH likes the really dark bittersweet chocolate bars at the Germany pavilion.

EmiB
05-24-2007, 08:59 PM

I totally agree.

I make it tradition to eat a bag while on the trolley in Toon Town.

I also enjoy the Chip and Dale brand Cheese Snack Crackers (aka imitation Goldfish) although thats not really candy...

TheMartellFamily
05-25-2007, 10:00 AM
FUDGE from main street confectionary.

honeybear
05-25-2007, 01:24 PM
My favorite DW Candy is Cotton Candy and the Jelly Belly Butter Popcorn Flavor.

tinktude
05-26-2007, 09:59 PM
It is not really considered a candy, but the carmel apples at the candy couldron in DTD are very yummy!! I had my first one last week, it just seemed so much better than any other carmel apple I ever had. It may be because it came from the happiest place on earth;)

Guya103
05-26-2007, 10:41 PM
So many!!! HUGE Rice Krispy Treats with chocolate & sprinkles on top from Main St. and the Chocolate Covered Marshmallows from Goofy's at DTD Marketplace!

celebrationasheley
05-28-2007, 06:50 PM
But the mints in the mickey dollar wrappers are my fave. I can eat the whole bag.
Wish I had some now...... YUM!

RAIDER
05-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Goofys sours are my all time favourite especially the lemon ones :mickey:

Cinderelley
05-30-2007, 09:48 PM
My kids love the candy powder. They always get a big tube to bring home with them.

pianobabe
05-31-2007, 06:03 PM
We like to get bags of Chip and Dale's Peanut Brittle.:cloud9: It is wonderful and like everyone else has said, it just taste better coming from Disney. If you are on the DDP, it counts as a snack option.

Melanie
05-31-2007, 06:10 PM
A caramel apple from the Confectionary, and my boys love the colored powered candy from Goofy's Candy Co. :goofy:

Kate In Wonderland
05-31-2007, 09:31 PM
Mmmm....fudge. And mmmm....rice krispie treats! I'm hungry!

Mackflava99
05-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Hands down- Chocolate covered Marshmallows at Candy Cauldren- even just thinking of them makes my mouth water....

Or Fudge in Germany

WDW_girl
06-06-2007, 11:05 PM
even though its not really candy, i LOVE the chocolate covered micky mouse rice crispy treats!!:thumbsup: THEY'RE AWESOME!!!unfortunately last time we brought them home my dog ate them all.:(

Mickey91
06-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Even though I am a chocoholic, and I LOVE WDW chocolate fudge, the lemon meringue and Orange Cream fudge are the absolute best!!!

browneyedgirl12
06-07-2007, 12:14 PM
It is not really considered a candy, but the carmel apples at the candy couldron in DTD are very yummy!! I had my first one last week, it just seemed so much better than any other carmel apple I ever had. It may be because it came from the happiest place on earth;)

I totally agree and the chocolate covered strawberries there are to die for!! Although after I eat all this sugar I get a very large sugar rush :joy::goof::bolt:

JWB3
06-08-2007, 04:00 PM
But the mints in the mickey dollar wrappers are my fave. I can eat the whole bag.
Wish I had some now...... YUM!

YES! They are the BEST! Last year I called the Disney customer service and ordered 3 bags shipped home. At $4 per and $8 shipping, it was well worth it! Can't wait to bring more home in Oct.

ccchild
06-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Not necessarily a "Disney" candy, but when I'm in the World, I need to stock up on my British candy at the English pavillion in WS: Time-Out bars, Aero bars, and Mars bars!

DisneyFreak23
06-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I LOVE the sour blue rasperry and sour apple lollipops from Goofy's Candy Co. :goofy:

When my friend went to DL all i had her bring back for me was a blue raspberry lollipop.:thumbsup:

:stitch:

AdventurerKim
06-14-2007, 11:05 AM
I love the chocolate covered pretzels with sprinkles or some other candy on them, the fudge, and, though not necessarily "Disney" candy, I love mixing the different colored M&M's that you don't get in bags sold in stores at some point in the year.

avantgardeinker
06-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Chocolate covered Oreos at Goofy Candy Co at DTD. Last time I got a Peanut Butter filled Oreo dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with milk chocolate. It was sooooo good!! It was so big that I decided to eat one bit everyday to make it last. It lasted a week!!

175 more days!!
:mickey:

disneycouple2004
06-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Rice crispy mickey mouse head and ears at MK .
don't know the name of the shop..but they are sooooo good...:thumbsup:

CosmicRay
06-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Ever since our honeymoon, I have requested fudge and DH always takes me to the Main Street Confectionary. Once I got fudge in a tin that had Chocolate, Chocolate nut, PB Chocolate and Vanilla Chocolate Swirl. I bought it back in 2001 - It was 1 1/2 pounds for $14 and it traveled back home on the plane nicely. I have a nice little tin container to keep as well and I keep my pressed penny books in it and old hotel keys and old park tickets.

I will also say that the Disney Gummies are awesome! We stayed at CBR back in 1997 when they had the mini bars. They had to restock the gummies each day cause I just couldnt resist myself!

Polynesian Dweller
06-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Goofys sours are my all time favourite especially the lemon ones :mickey:

Oh yeah! Goofy Sours. I have to watch how many I eat or I could put on 10Lbs in a 1 week vacation. :tasty: