PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown for dinner?

BRJARE3
05-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi. We get to make our reservations next week and were finallizing the choices last night. Has anyone eaten in Rose and Crown? How is the dinner there? I really want to try someplace new in Epcot. We have eaten in the Garden Grill, Alfredo's ( I know they will not be there in Nov), Le Cellier, and San Angel Inn. I am not big on Japanese food, and the menus at Norway and Morocco do not interest me. I am a picky eater. Thanks.

disneydrmr
05-23-2007, 10:18 AM
My sister and I ate there back in December and enjoyed it. We both had the fish and chips.. really good! Service was quite slow though...but still a good meal and a place I would eat at again.

tink2006
05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
This is one of our favorites. The food/service is good and you can't beat the view for Illuminations :thumbsup:

BelleBeauty
05-23-2007, 12:09 PM
My brother insists on eating here every trip. We usually make an ADR for 8:30pm (or the latest seating aroud that time). We arrive early, at least 30 min before and request patio seating. We've sat outside for Illuminations each time (luck) and the last time it was right on the water with a perfect view. Even if you don't sit outside, they have a special roped-off viewing area for diners, so you can eat until the show starts, go watch, then finish your meal while the crowds exit. It's great!

The service is fantastic - the servers are some of the best CMs. The food is good, though some British dishes can get interesting. Fish and chips and steak (though peppery) is amazing. Fruit and cheese plate is great as well as the cream soups. I definitely recommend it! The yard of beer is great as well! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-23-2007, 12:17 PM
We love R&C, have been for dinner, and for lunch. Both times we had the best service, super-friendly, and good food. DH loves the pub atmosphere, and the beer selections, and we've always enjoyed the food.

It will be on our list next time for sure! :thumbsup:

Disnamic Duo
05-23-2007, 03:02 PM
We've only been once, but I really liked it a lot. I agree with some of the other posters here - the service is some of the best/friendliest we've had at WDW. The food is excellent (IMO). My wife had the fish & chips, and liked it a lot. I had a pie sampler (I don't think they have it on the menu anymore). It was beef, chicken and pork in different pastry shells. It was delicious. We'll definately be going back again soon.

kakn7294
05-23-2007, 08:44 PM
We ate here for dinner 2 years ago and really enjoyed it. The food was really good and the waitress held our dinners until after Illuminations. We were inside away from the windows but got to go outside to the patio. After dinner, we exited Epcot with virtually nobody else around!

dolphinmickey9170
05-23-2007, 08:49 PM
We love R&C. It's really great food, but the service this time was average, as waitstaff find out you are on the DDP, their service seems to "slide" while they still get an 18% tip.

Maleficent's Dad
05-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Okay, let me set the record straight: I love the Rose & Crown. The pub is my favorite place in EPCOT, and the dining room is a delightful place to eat. Our service has always been wonderful with a very friendly waitstaff. Let me tell you, we've been here hundreds of times.

So, why do I "set the record?"

The food is, IMHO, mediocre at best. For the price you pay, you're basically getting bland English food. For your money, there's better food to be had in EPCOT's WS.

But to be clear, there is NO better atmosphere. We love the R&C for both drinks and dining. But if you're interested in better foods, there are better choices. :mickey:

Polynesian Dweller
05-23-2007, 09:06 PM
I keep reading positive things about R&C and wondering what was so different about our experience. We've been there twice and after the last time decided never to return. The food was at best bland and unpalatable. We had different dishes for all courses so it wasn't just one dish that was a problem, it was all of them. The service was amongst the slowest we've seen at Disney.

So, as I say I don't know what happened on our visit compared to others but I couldn't recommend this place at all.

Crow
05-23-2007, 10:51 PM
ive eaten here a few times over the years.
after not being able to get in Le Cellier for lunch, this was available.
:beer: is good, mushroom app good, sticky toffee pudding good.
ok for the rest.
its not in my plans for next wk right now...or for my Sept trip