PDA

View Full Version : POTC question

January-2007
05-23-2007, 12:41 AM
We'll be in WDW next week and were thinking of going to see the new POTC movie at the theater in DTD. The only problem? We never did end up seeing the second movie... Seen the first a bunch, in fact I saw it in the theater when it first came out and I own the DVD. Having never seen the 2nd movie, will we be completely lost seeing the 3rd? Is it a must watch before the new one? Thanks all!

Melanie
05-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Yeah, I would rent 'Dead Man's Chest' and watch it before seeing 'At World's End'. Otherwise, I'd think you'd be quite confused.

I'm confused and I've seen the 2nd one. :crazy: ;)

JustCallMeSquishy
05-23-2007, 01:27 AM
I totally agree with above poster...the second film has a ton of other things that happen, I would rent it ASAP!!

January-2007
05-23-2007, 02:31 AM
Bummer. Trips do have a way of creeping up on us when we're not looking. Not always a bad thing, but when it comes to fitting in movies, packing takes priority. Tonight we watched "Casablanca" because we've never seen it and DH really wanted to watch it before we went on The Great Movie Ride again so he bought it over the weekend and that was our evening. Looks like we'll either try to watch POTC 2 while down there and then see the 3rd or end up too busy to see a movie anywaze. Thanks for the advice! I'd hate to go to the movie just to be all confused!

murphy1
05-23-2007, 07:29 AM
Yes, and you may need to watch it more than once to get it! I am trying to hold out not seeing it Thursday b/c we are taking my dad in Florida while there. I can't wait to go on the ride and watch the movie.

beachezncream
05-29-2007, 10:31 AM
The second movie has a lot of things that get explained, and/or answered in the third.

Disney Babe
05-30-2007, 03:17 AM
Yes, you should definitely see it. You may already be there by now, but I would suggest reading the reviews. You can find a lot of them together by going to Rotten Tomatoes (not a commentary, just the name of the review site). Some of the reviews will let you in on what is supposed to be going on in the movie and you will know a little of what to expect. Or you can try checking out the first two movies on Internet Movie Database. You can get a good overview of each there and maybe even the third.