PDA

View Full Version : Please Vote: Animal Kingdom Lodge or Wilderness Lodge

branvy
05-22-2007, 09:24 PM
We are planning a trip for next May. We've stayed at POFQ (enjoyed) and POP (not so much), but we are really curious about trying one of the more "affordable" Deluxes, AKL or WL. I was wondering which would win in a poll showdown for just a basic standard room.

Please vote :)

SBETigg
05-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Ooh, tough one. Two great resorts and I haven't tried either one of them because I can't break away from my monorail resort habit. But I have thought they both looked fun to try and looked them over extensively.

For me, I might choose AKL because I have done the MK proximity and while I love that, the AKL wins in theme for me. But, that said, I do love being so close to the MK and it is hard for me to break away from that. In the end, I voted for MK proximity and chose WL. But can you really go wrong either way? I don't think so. Good choices at a good price for the deluxes.

Goofeygal
05-22-2007, 10:22 PM
I have stayed at both and WL gets my vote. I love them both but if I had to chose it would be WL because I think the transportation is much better then at AKL.

Jessie
05-22-2007, 10:43 PM
I voted WL for MK proximity as well. I'm a sucker for MK what can I say? :mickey:

Mickey91
05-22-2007, 11:47 PM
I had to vote WL. We love this resort and would stay there every time if we could. It is next to MK, has the Electrical Water Pageant and is absolutely beautiful!!! Takes my breath away every time we walk through the doors.

mttafire
05-23-2007, 12:17 AM
IMHO, Wilderness Lodge by a MILE! Honestly we have NEVER stayed ay AKL BUT, We have visited it. My two fav. Resorts are C.R. and W.L. You just cant beat the Disney feel at either one.:mickey:

BritCody
05-23-2007, 07:09 AM
It is close, but I am partial to Wilderness Lodge

Spaceship Tigger
05-23-2007, 07:12 AM
I had to say WL because of the overall theme (especially in the lobby) and the location on the lake. AKL is a close second with a better pool and restaurants, but I prefer the lake to the animal savannahs.

disneyfan1124
05-23-2007, 07:18 AM
AKL hands down! Now, understand that we don't have children and our visits to MK are usually one day out of an 8 day visit. We find AKL to be very relaxing, the service is amazing-although it is on all delux or DVC sites, the animals are great and we've done pool side rooms and the music is great to listen to. We love AKL so much that even though we are DVC members at BCV, we bought points for AKV too! The food is wonderful at Boma, it's a buffet with something for everyone, and the price is right for the quality and atmosphere. DH isn't much for fine dining, so we've never eaten at Jiko. Mara is great for a quick snack and the food is reasonable considering it's counter service. I have never been in there and not found it spotless. Someone is always cleaning up spills (from little ones at beverage counter) and there is never trash on a table. The lounge is wonderful for evening adult beverages and again, the lounge service has always been quick and delightful. Good luck with your decision making process, and don't worry, no matter which you choose, I'm positive you won't be disappointed!

Lehman Family
05-23-2007, 07:37 AM
We haven't stayed at either. Given the options I would take AKL over WL in a heartbeat, especially for the Savanna view!

scootch713
05-23-2007, 07:38 AM
:blush:
I voted WL for MK proximity as well. I'm a sucker for MK what can I say? :mickey:

ditto

firefan43
05-23-2007, 08:49 AM
I have stayed at both and WL gets my vote. I love them both but if I had to chose it would be WL because I think the transportation is much better then at AKL.

The transportation is EXACTLY the reason why I wouldnt stay at the WL. WL shares its transportation with the campground next door and its ALWAYS packed in the morning and night.

Trixie1822
05-23-2007, 09:03 AM
I voted Animal Kingdom Lodge... the savannah view in your balcony is AMAZING

GrmGrninGost
05-24-2007, 09:46 PM
WL is, in my mind, the most beautiful resort at WDW!:mickey: It's theming is explicit! I would choose it over any other.

Crow
05-24-2007, 10:21 PM
wooo WL
ive stayed at both twice.
AKL parkin lot view:ack:
buses...AKL doesnt stop at other resorts.
WL sometimes at FW
boat to MK at WL
location...AKL is more to the edge, close to AK.
gift shop..both good, AK edge
eateries. AP at WL the best:thumbsup:
WC ok at WL
Jiko & Boma both pretty good at AKL
lobbies are both good.
WL wins:number1:

LIGHTNING MC-DAD
05-25-2007, 07:35 PM
WL is, in my mind, the most beautiful resort at WDW!:mickey: It's theming is explicit! I would choose it over any other.

Ditto:thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
05-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Both are great and have unique qualities. But I gave the nod to Wilderness Lodge because my favorite thing in all of Disney is the boat ride to MK!

Catzle
05-25-2007, 09:55 PM
Magic Kingdom is our favorite park so I picked WL because I love the boat ride over there. I thought the transportation at the WL was great!

NH Disneyfan
05-25-2007, 10:28 PM
I have stayed at WL and visited for a few hours AKL. I have to say, AKL doesn't appeal to me at all. The location is in the middle of no where. WL is amazing - pool, transportation, dining, fort wilderness next door, christmas decorations. wow. I can't wait to stay there again.

CuteAsMinnie
05-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Definitely the Wilderness Lodge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're planning out 4th stay at the Lodge for this summer and just can't wait!:D

luv_cinderella
05-26-2007, 03:13 PM
We've stayed at both... Our pick is AKL, hands down! While we liked WL, we absolutely loved AKL. The atmosphere was unlike we've experienced anywhere else. The Mara is the best food court in all of WDW. And the smell of AKL is something I wish I could bottle and bring home. :cloud9:

WL is nice, don't get me wrong... but we experienced better transportation at AKL than at WL... AKL was a more relaxing and peaceful hotel to come back to than WL... and we never stepped foot in the pool at WL because it was always packed.

So, my vote is for AKL. :thumbsup:

threeh
05-26-2007, 03:19 PM
I've stayed in neither but I've read many many good things (and heard good things on some Disnay podcasts) about AKL. I'm thinking of trying it for a few nights next trip.

Happy planning!!!:mickey: