PDA

View Full Version : All Booked Up....

ravsluvdisney
05-22-2007, 07:38 PM
We are looking to add one more night onto our November trip at the BC. Our travel agent - who we have been using for several years - showed BC booked solid on that date. My DW was on Travelocity and they have rooms available. Question....who has used Travelocity out there and are they reliable? We are confident they are but never hurts to check with the Intercot crew. Thanks! :thumbsup:

BronxTigger
05-22-2007, 08:16 PM
I have used them before a few times with no problems.

k_reile
05-22-2007, 08:23 PM
DH and I have used travelocity, expedia and priceline with no problems...I was even going to use one of them for this trip until I heard about MJ

Polynesian Dweller
05-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Travelocity is fine. If they say they have the room they have it.

Have you checked WDW site? Most hotels, (used to have an interest in one) book rooms in blocks. A block for their own online service, a block for Travelocity and Expedia (for example), a block for Travel agents and so on, depending on how the hotel/chain wants to do it. Each seller is assigned a block and can only see bookings on that block. So the block your travel agent is able to look at may be sold out, but the Disney site may have lots of rooms. Check around a bit.

TammiMcMan
05-23-2007, 08:36 AM
The only real issue I've heard with Travelocity or Expedia is with making room requests. Because you're technically booking through a travel agency, so Disney will not allow you to make any changes or updates to your reservation. Some people have reported problems trying to find someone at those agencies who will make the requests for them.

If it were me, I would try a more "Disney" dedicated travel agent first (like Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)).

ravsluvdisney
05-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the reassurance, I feel better now. As for room requests, we are only staying one night after an 10 day adventure at the Poly and then on the Wonder. We have always wanted to check out the BC and thought a one night trip was a good way to see if it was worth switching from the Poly on our next trip. As long as we gte a room somewhere in the resort we will be happy. Thanks again!