PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd Leg of our Honeymoon World Tour, Part 1

Carolanne
05-22-2007, 05:12 PM
Wow, it's been such a long time since I last posted! Here it is, our May trip report.

DH and I were in WDW from 5/17 to 5/21. We stayed at the Pop Century, which is one of my favorite value resorts. Although, DH was a little disappointed; last year I booked us at the Poly, and now he's seriously spoiled--he was so shocked when he found out we'd be taking buses everywhere!

This trip is what DH likes to call "the second leg of our honeymoon tour." DH & I were married 03/24/07. When we were booking our honeymoon, I really really pushed for a stay at WDW, but 10 days in England & Scotland won out (go figure...) DH promised that if Disney came out with a good deal, we could book a stay for after we got back form the UK. Of course the free park hopper pass special came out, so woo hoo, I booked it. When I booked our trip, I mentioned to the CM that it would be our honeymoon.

When we checked in, registration noticed the trip was booked as a honeymoon & gave us "Just Married" pins. The gentleman asked when our big day was; I was blushing at the attention & mentioned it was not quite 2 months ago. In true Disney spirit, the cast member said, "Oh, you're still just married," and kept making a huge fuss over us. Our room wasn't ready yet, so off we went so I could show DH the incomplete part of Pop.

When our room was ready...hmm. I didn't request a king-size bed, but we were upgraded to one; however, while this was a very nice thought, the room was meant for someone with a disability. The bathroom was wheelchair accessible. We didn't feel right taking this room, so I tried to get a different room (king size bed did not matter to me). I tried to convey this twice, but for whatever reason the cast members I had dealt with were not understanding me. I went back to our room, called the front desk & explained myself, they said they'd send someone around with a new room assignment. When the CM made his way around (on a Segeway), he showed us to the new room & said, "You don't want the king bed?" I said the king bed would be nice but I didn't want to feel like I was taking the room from someone that might really need it. The CM said,"Oh, that's really nice of you," and went off on his way. Okaaay... For the life of me, the CM's did not understand why I wouldn't feel right taking the other room. The handicap accessible room was later given to a group of partiers, go figure. Our new room: as soon as we walked in we smelled mold (we later did find a decent sized wet spot between the bed & the closet, which did not come from us using the sink). We didn't bother requesting another room since it was so hard to get the 1st room changed (though I did tell a CM at registration on the day we were checking out).

Throughout the length of our stay, wow--the crowds were pretty good. A lot lighter than I thought they would be. Wait times were posted as 30-45 minutes, but we totally didn't wait that long for anything. We had wonderful weather. Of course we were on the dining plan & ate tons of yummy food!

Stay tuned for part 2 :mickey:

SBETigg
05-22-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm staying tuned. Great so far! And lucky you, you get the UK and the Disney. :mickey: I think that worked out well.

Carolanne
05-22-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm very lucky to have married someone that indulges my Disney jones. When we were booking our honeymoon, one of the things DH had suggested was a cruise. I said, "A Disney cruise?" I could feel his eye roll... But this worked out very well for us :thumbsup:

PirateLover
05-22-2007, 06:01 PM
We had a King bed at POP with a regular shower. Maybe that one had already been booked. That was very nice of you to give it up, but I probably would've kept it. Generally people that need handicapped accessible rooms would've booked them far in advance. I have mold allergies so your second room would have been a nightmare for me!

We were there from the 15th-21st and also found crowds to be very manageable, except for the last day or so.

January-2007
05-22-2007, 09:57 PM
How is it that everybody else is getting a king bed at Pop but when we went there for our Honeymoon is January we couldn't get one? It was our #1 request. Wierd. Glad you enjoyed the "2nd leg of Honeymoon" that's so cute. Going to read the next installment now.

faline
05-23-2007, 05:41 AM
Glad you managed to get a Disney honeymoon as well as your other honeymoon!

How is it that everybody else is getting a king bed at Pop but when we went there for our Honeymoon is January we couldn't get one?

There are only a limited number of king bed rooms. You may have hit a period when all the king bed rooms had already been assigned at the time you checked in.

Bethanymouse
05-23-2007, 07:01 AM
Happy Honeymooning! We love the pop too! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
05-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Belle's Mom
05-23-2007, 10:48 AM
I think I may want to try Pop one day...Thanks for the report. Off to read the next installment!:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
05-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Too bad you had the drama with your room, but it was really sweet of you to worry about taking that room away from someone that really needed it. How nice that you were able to extend your honeymoon with a trip to WDW! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

pogo
05-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks for sharing with us. :mickey:

You are very nice to change your room so that it might be used by someone who really needed it. :D

Carolanne
05-23-2007, 11:26 PM
Happy Honeymooning! We love the pop too! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup: The Pop is my favorite value resort--I love the atmosphere! It's such a fun resort.

I'm sure it's probably just me, but I find the unfinished section of Pop to be creepily cool, though I'm very surprised that it's "out there" for everyone to see. Last year I took pictures of it from the 50's buildings & showed them with our vacation pictures; the people that have never experienced Disney were surprised that this section was able to be seen by everyone.

sleepingbooty
05-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

disneydrmr
05-29-2007, 12:41 PM
As others said, it is so very sweet that you would think of others with thoughts to the handicap accessible room! Most people wouldn't give it a second thought. How awesome that you got two legs to your honeymoon trip! Looking forward to reading more!:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Well done on getting a Part 2 to your HM...and at Disney to boot! On to read part 2...:thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
05-31-2007, 06:27 PM
That was very nice of you to give up the room. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup: