PDA

View Full Version : Weather in October??

Deesdisney
05-22-2007, 04:54 PM
I was just wondering if Oct. is humid and hot. I am not for that kind of weather. Is tent camping ok at this time?:confused:

FloridaTeacher
05-22-2007, 05:18 PM
October is a great time to camp. We usually go in October or November. The weather is good and the crowds are fairly light.

I don't tent camp so I can't comment on that, but it's good weather. Though the days can get warm, it's not unbearably hot or humid like summer and the nights are usually pleasant. Also - it's not the rainy season, so you usually don't have to worry about those afternoon thunderstorms. Although right now it's looks like there is no rainy season here in the southeast.

2 Days til I'm back at Fort Wilderness and WDW
Happy Camping!

faline
05-22-2007, 08:50 PM
October is a perfect time of year for tent camping! We've done this a couple of times. Not too hot. Not too cold.

However, this is also during hurricane season so you do have the possibility of a tropical storm or hurricane. If it is not okay to stay in the campground, it is evacuated and folks are placed elsewhere in Disney resorts.

tungpo1
05-24-2007, 06:12 AM
I was just wondering if Oct. is humid and hot. I am not for that kind of weather. Is tent camping ok at this time?:confused:

Trust me October is HOT and very HUMID, it will be in the high 80's low 90's I live in Fort Lauderdale, Dont let anyone tell you its not hot or humid it October because it is!!! But it doesnt mattter you will be at the best campground in town.