PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for last night...

Disdad13
05-22-2007, 04:12 PM
We are adding a few nights to our trip in September for free dining. One night we will be eating at Boatwrights, but I need suggestions for the last night. We are thinking about either Olivia's Cafe, Maya Grill or Turf Club Bar & Grill. Any opinions on any of these? Our other ADRs while we are there, in case it influences your suggestion, are as follows:

Whispering Canyon
Ohana's
Rose & Crown
50's Prime Time
Hoop Dee Doo
LeCellier
Garden Grill

Thanks for the input!!

SBETigg
05-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Are you trying to avoid entering a park? There's Spoodles(boardwalk), Kona Cafe(Poly) or Wolfgang Puck's(Downtown Disney).

The Boardwalk can be very entertaining for a last night, or you can stroll the beach after Kona and catch the Electric Water Pageant, Wishes, and ride the monoraile one last time. Or Downtown Disney will allow you to squeeze in some last shopping.

mousetrapper
05-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Just the thought of the "last night" is sad, isn't it?

Well, here are a few ideas I have. It really depends on whether you will have kids with you and if so, what their ages are...or how big of a kid you are! Also depends on whether you want to be in a specific park that evening or want to enjoy a resort restaurant.

Chef Mickey's: Go out with a bang with all the original characters! This is usually our first dinner at WDW since it really sets the tone (but this year we're shaking things up a bit and doing Ohana's instead...CM will come a little later in the trip)

Boma's: Just an outstanding experience...build in some extra time to explore AKL if you haven't been there yet!

Crystal Palace: Usually our last meal (lunch) before we leave on our last day! Nothing beats a hug from Pooh to cheer you up.

California Grill: For something extra special! Keep in mind it takes 2 credits on your dining plan. Time your ADRs for the fireworks and arrive a little early to try to get a window seat (not sure if they still allow you to watch the fireworks from the roof as we did one year...spectacular!)

Cinderella's Royal Table: What could beat the atmosphere?! It just exudes that "DISNEY" charm.

I'm sure no matter where you eat it'll be a magical experience.

Enjoy!!:mickey:

jefmblrd
05-22-2007, 06:22 PM
The best restaurant I've eaten at in WDW is California Grill hands down! As suggested in a previous post, try to make a reservation around fireworks time in the Magic Kingdom. There is an unbelievable view and the food is incredible. The restaurant has a high Zagat rating as well.

Natazu
05-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Olivia's: This is one of Disney's best unsung restaurants. The food and service are very good. They have a great breakfast, too.

Maya Grill: It's pretty good, nothing special.

Turf Club: Another hidden gem. This restaurant is cozy and romantic. The food is excellent and affordable for lunch or dinner.

jenperich
05-23-2007, 05:26 PM
If we get all of our ADRs without incident, we will be eating at Tony's in MK our last night. I've always wanted to try it and it sounds really great. So, it's the best choice for us. :-)

maryt01
05-24-2007, 08:07 PM
kona kona kona . it is very good.