PDA

View Full Version : Animals

amber
05-22-2007, 04:09 PM
I have taking my kids to the zoo every week to get them in walking mode for Disney. I was curious as to what animals we will see there. I was also wondering if it is worth it to take them to Animal Kingdom Lodge to see the animals there.

Thanks

81 days left!!!!!!

Donald A
05-22-2007, 04:15 PM
We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and really didn't see too many animals so I favor the park over the Lodge, of course. The only time I would recommend going to the AKL is a free day to see the Lodge.

Make sure you do the walking Jungle trek in addition to the safari for animal camera hunting.

You will probably see:
Crocs
Tigers
Lion, maybe
Rhinos
Giraffes
Zebras
etc.

Pretty much Africa and Asia animals

SBETigg
05-22-2007, 04:24 PM
There's really no need to trek to the AKL just to see animals. Worth it if you want to check out the Lodge, but you will see an abundance of animals at the Animal Kingdom. Make sure you take time to really see the park. Do the trails, not just the safari. Check out the Flights of Wonder show. If your kids love animals, they will love Animal Kingdom.

In addition to the aforementioned(Crocs, Tigers, Lion, Rhinos, Giraffes, Zebras) There are elephants, gorillas(my favorite), and a wonderful open display to watch fruit bats, very cool. Plus, so many other animals. I'm trying to remember. Meerkats, yes. Ducks, all over the AK. Can't forget the ducks.

BrerSchultzy
05-22-2007, 05:19 PM
The animals you'll see at AKL are not really the incentive for going to visit there...just for staying there.

But at AK...wow...you'll see all kinds of animals if you take your time and enjoy the park. Along the walking paths, there are displays of all kinds of animals that most people just walk past. So far, very few people understand the point of AK. It IS a full day park, if you like animals. Sure, the safari is GREAT for seeing them, but the jungle trek and the gorilla path are wonderful too. So are the bird areas in each of those paths (make sure to take plenty of time spotting all the different kinds of birds...I've heard there are over 150 different types). And head to Rafiki's Planet Watch for the petting zoo, and a look inside Disney's Animal Hospital. And, like I said, all over the park are displays just off the beaten path. Parrots, wallabees, kimono dragons...

they'll love it!

Mandalorian30
05-22-2007, 05:21 PM
And don't forget the bats! I love the giant bats!