PDA

View Full Version : Make Reservations or Not?

Dyanna
05-22-2007, 01:36 PM
We will be going to DW the week of Columbus Day. Is it better to make reservations for dinner or just put our name on a list when we get there? Just worried about making reservations for a specific time & not being able to make it due to being delayed from a ride/attraction.

Seasonscraps
05-22-2007, 01:41 PM
I think you should definitely make reservations unless you are ok with being turned away or eating at off hours. The DP is doing it's job of filling up restaurants combined with a holiday weekend, the halloween party and the food & wine festival it may be difficult to get something at the last minute.

It's easy enough to change your plans or cancel an ADR if you decide you can't make it or don't want to. I am sure they will accomodate a late arrival due to an attraction/ride line.

Mickey91
05-22-2007, 03:38 PM
I would definitely make ADRs. We were there Columbus Day weekend in '04. We were told by several CMs that is was more crowded that year than the 4th of July. I wouldn't take any chances. TS places tend to book quickly, well in advance. Just make a mental note of your time and adjust your ride schedule around it. It helps me to actually write down a time of 15 min. earlier than my actual ADR time. Good luck! Make them now, many of the popular places fill up fast!:mickey:

GreenBeetle
05-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Having been there last Columbus Day week/weekend, I can tell you without a doubt you MUST make ADRs for anywhere you want to dine. The crowds last year were the worst of any October we've been there. I saw people turned away over and over at various restaurants throughout WDW because of no ADRs. Don't take a chance - unless you are OK with counter service your entire trip.

Good Luck! :mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
05-22-2007, 04:56 PM
We went during value season at a supposed slow time, and Boma was booked. We had a 20 minute wait Fri. for Boma, but Saturday we tried to go again and could not. Our other choices at DTD were booked, too. We finally got in Portabello Yacht Club. I would strongly advise to make reservations if you have a certain place you want to eat. Otherwise be very flexible!

SBETigg
05-22-2007, 05:12 PM
As others have said, with the Disney Dining Plan, the days of walk-up seating are pretty much over. You really need to make the ADRs if you intend to eat table service meals, most especially for the more popular venues, but there have been times (and not particularly crowded park times) when even the lesser known restaurants have been full. You're safer to make the ADRs and rearrange them as required.

jefmblrd
05-22-2007, 06:28 PM
I would make ADRs without a doubt. You can always call and cancel them if you want to make other plans on the fly (I'm sure there are many people waiting in line who would be happy about that), but it'll be very difficult to get into the better restaurants if you don't. I find that many of the WDW TS restaurants are very average, and those are the one's you will more than likely be eating in without ADRs.

Natazu
05-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Just worried about making reservations for a specific time & not being able to make it due to being delayed from a ride/attraction.
Don't worry about that. They're pretty good about letting you in late. You're definitely better showing up late for an ADR than not having one at all.