PDA

View Full Version : Are these seats any good?

Beckybalz
05-22-2007, 01:26 PM
I was given 5 tickets to a Devil Rays vs. Red Sox game at Tropicana Field. The seats are in section 102 Row CC. Are these seats any good?

Scar
05-22-2007, 02:07 PM
I've never been to Tropicana Field, but by looking at the seating chart these seats are 1st level directly behind home Plate. That would make them not just good, but great.

Hammer
05-22-2007, 11:56 PM
I have been to games at Tropicana Field and your seats seem to be very good. Last time I was there I was in section 120, right next the Rays dugout. I happened to have been there for a Rays vs. Red Sox game last year, cheering on the Rays with my Dad (he has adopted them as their AL team since retiring down there) and witnessed Kazmir two-hit the Red Sox :thumbsup:! The Rays new ownership is trying to develop a wider fan base by expanding to other parts of West Florida (Marlins, are you listening?). The ballpark has its problems, but they are consistently working on making improvements, as they have an iron clad lease to be there for another 20 years, and need to make the best of the situation left by the previous ownership.

Edit: Forgot to tell you, parking is free :thumbsup: !

Scar
05-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Christine,

While we're on the subject, I have seats for Mets @ Phills next month. First time at the new park. Section 137 Row 32. Do you know how good these are?

Hammer
05-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Scar,

I have sat in that general area for a game and if I remember correctly, the view is pretty good. Honestly, it hard to find a bad view in the ballpark. You'll be in line with the left fielder, if he plays shallow. Which game are you going to? As my sister and I have the Sunday ticket plan, so we'll be at the Sunday game. Some of my sister's friends (she lives in Weehawken) are coming down with her, so I'll be with a mix of Phillies and Mets fans :baseball:.

Scar
05-24-2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks.

I'll be at the Friday 1:00. That's the make up game from the rain out in April.