PDA

View Full Version : Carriage Ride At Por

moe513
05-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Has anybody ever done this carriage ride and if yes were does it go? DO YOU GET TO SEE THE MANSIONS AND ALLIGATOR BAYOU OR DOES IT JUST GO AROUND THE PERIMETER??? thanks

ibrowse17
05-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Have not done it at POR, but if it is anything like the one at Ft. Wilderness you will enjoy it:thumbsup:

Disney Diamond
05-22-2007, 08:27 PM
Did this Mother's Day 2005 & the ride picked up at POR, rode around the grounds there over to POFQ & back to POR.

It was very enjoyable & something unique to add to our Disney vacation.

tinksmom02
05-22-2007, 10:13 PM
My mom and dad took DD one evening in Jan. They all really enjoyed it. It was nice and relaxing. The carriages start out at POR, in front of the marina. They tour around both POR and POFQ.

GeminiAngel
05-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Awesome! Starts at the marina then: on to FQ turn around in the parking lot. back to Por on the mansion side where we came upon lots of foot traffic, and golf carts (Now that was my idea of a traffic jam!). across the bridge to old man island. pass by the pool, across the bridge back to the marina. did it at sunset.

nellyj
05-23-2007, 03:01 AM
hi, this is something we have been thinking about doing..it sounds great.
how do you book it, or is it just a case of waiting in a line?
helen x

disneyfan328
05-23-2007, 02:41 PM
we are staying at por in September and I have looked into this. I checked and it is 35$ for 30 minutes and you do need to make reservations (they said they are suggested). Here is the info that I got from the CM at the Recreation Reservation Center phone # is 407-WDW-7529
1.) 3 adults and 2 kids, or 4 adults can ride at one time.
2.) be 10-15 mins early for your scheduled time
3.) the driver only accepts cash or room charge for payment. There is NO CREDIT CARD machine available
4.) you need to call and make a reservation and guarantee it with a credit card.
5.) you can cancel 24 hours before. there is no same day cancels if you cancel same day, or do not show up, you are charged the full amount
6.)The rides do go out if it is misty(rain) but not in a downpour. The driver will decide at time of trip whether or not they can take you out. If they cancel the trip, you can resechedule, but the CM did state to not assume the ride is cancelled. You must contact them or hear it from the driver or you can be charged.
7.) rides go out between 5:30 and 9:30 only and are approx 25-30 mins.

Hope that this helps!!! We still do plan on doing in Sept so I'll post a trip report about it when we get back!!:thumbsup:

Floridian Yeti
05-23-2007, 02:54 PM
Mrs Yeti and I did the FW ride one evening around Christmas, and it was very nice...different, relaxing and romantic. Even with a 9-year old along for the ride :mickey:
I'd definitely recommend reservations if that works for you; there are a limited number of spots available.

moe513
06-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Does it ride along the edge of the resort or thru the middle. I would like to see the por buildings. Especially the mansions????

moe513
06-13-2007, 09:05 PM
Anybody know the route it takes and what the view is?

katzctkpt
06-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Thought about doing this also. Might try it this yr.. Is there a site that gives you the prices and route/s it may take?

moe513
06-15-2007, 07:39 AM
I can find the prices but no route. I think its 35 dollars for 25 min. Theres info here if you go under info central.

offero
06-15-2007, 08:14 AM
My wife and I did it back in Nov. There were two carriages, if they both follow the same path they go mostly in the middle. They took us through both Riverside and the French Quarter. The view is mostly of all the buildings. You only go near the road once or twice to cross a bridge.

If you look at the map for PO this is where our ride went.
1. start at the marina
2. over the bridge to the fishin hole
3. over the other bridge towards the east depot
4. down the carriage path and along the river into Riverside.
5. around the inside of riverside.
6. back to the marina via the carriage path

The best way to enjoy it is to get some hot Chocolate or any drink you may enjoy and bring it along.

Have fun hope this helps.

moe513
06-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Offero,thank you for your response.

moe513
06-17-2007, 12:05 PM
I found an old map at home and it has the route. It was the same map as on line but I couldnt read it

TexasPrincessAurora
06-17-2007, 06:28 PM
As far as weather affecting the carriage rides, we had made reservations to take on in January when staying at POR. It had been barely misting, but had quit raining completely, and we waited at the stand where the ride was supposed to leave from. No one was there and no sign saying the ride had been cancelled. Finally, after the ride was supposed to have left DH went inside to the concierge desk to ask only to find out that the rides for the night had been cancelled. If he hadn't have asked we never would have known. They did not call us and did not put up a sign notifying those with reservations. Just FYI, if weather is or has been at all inclement you may or may not go anywhere.

pogo
06-17-2007, 06:48 PM
I surprised my DW with this last April on our anniversary. I brought a bottle of our favorite wine and two glasses and we had the last reservation of the night. :mickey:

Our driver took us from the marina to POFQ on the same side of the river and headed back to POR. We crossed the river at the bridge and followed the river back to the bridge above the marina and back to home base.

It was one of the most romantic experiences :hug:we've had while at WDW.

Just do it...... you will not be dissapointed. :D

moe513
06-17-2007, 10:25 PM
I booked it last week. We had to book 2 carriages because we are 5. Does it start at the marina at por or pofq???????? Also, when I booked it they told me to show up no matter how much its raining , thats the only way to find out if it been canceled. Im looking forward to seeing the mansions. They seem beautiful in pictures.

katzctkpt
06-17-2007, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=disneyfan328;1296577]Reservation Center phone # is 407-WDW-7529
1.) 3 adults and 2 kids, or 4 adults can ride at one time

Why couldn't 5 ride if you can book with 3 adults & 2 kids?

moe513
06-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Because the kids have to be under 9. Mine are too old.

jenperich
06-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I really can't wait to try this!! My boyfriend and I are going in November and I'm trying to create some really romantic experiences for the two of us. I'm really hoping he proposes while we're there, so the added romance to the week will hopefully help. :)