PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass return time enforcement?

Wells
05-22-2007, 10:08 AM
I have been hearing rumblings from several sources lately that Disney is beginning a stricter enforcement of the return windows on Fast Pass.
Some guests have been denied entrance to Fast Pass lines for popular attractions at Epcot and MK if their Fast Pass window has expired.
I know that they have been pretty lax on this in the past, but it seems that this is changing to avoid a large rush of guests near park closing times.
Has anyone who has been to the parks recently had any experience with this? :confused:

jefmblrd
05-22-2007, 11:39 AM
I was there last month and used an expired FP for ToT and had no problem. However, there has been some speculation that some of the new FP machines being installed, with the bar codes and larger print, may be leading in the direction of stricter enforcement.

Lehman Family
05-22-2007, 12:32 PM
In all honesty I beleive that it makes sense for them to do that. The whole idea of fast pass is to make it more convenient to get around and see other attractions while you're waiting instead of spending all that time in a line. If everyone goes just before the parks close the lines get almost as bad as the regular wait lines, which defeats the purpose of fastpass altogether. I understand that there may be some circumstancial issues that wouldn't allow you to go during your scheduled time but enforcing the time frame gets fast pass back to what it's supposed to be...fast.

Ian
05-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I was just there a couple weeks back and I didn't see any indication of this.

In fact, we used two Soarin' FP's the next day and had no trouble with them.

Mousehead35
05-22-2007, 01:28 PM
I guess it must depend on the CM.. when I was there last year, the CM wouldn't let someone on to Peter Pan's Flight b/c they were there 5 minutes BEFORE their fastpass time. I thought this was a bit extreme..

2Epcot
05-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I guess it must depend on the CM.. when I was there last year, the CM wouldn't let someone on to Peter Pan's Flight b/c they were there 5 minutes BEFORE their fastpass time. I thought this was a bit extreme..

I've usually seen CM this strict when it comes to the start time for fast passes. They usually make people wait. Often we end up using passes past the time they expired, because we were doing something else, and there wasn't time to get back to the attraction within the window.

murphy1
05-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Yes, they are strict on the before time. We usually try to get there within an hour to three hours after if we are going to be late, I have not had any problems as yet.

FloridaTeacher
05-22-2007, 04:41 PM
In order to alleviate this problem, try doing what we do - go during your fast pass time frame.:D

2 Days til I'm back at Fort Wilderness and WDW!!!

larandtra
05-22-2007, 05:18 PM
I have seen them enforce the time prior to, but, never past. Even Disney realizes that because of the size of parks and unforseen delays at other rides, meals, etc. getting back in the time frame is not always possible, so they allow leeway. Makes perfect sense to me.

DizneyRox
05-22-2007, 07:34 PM
According to the operational guides leaked to the Internet a few years ago, CMs are supposed to honor a fastpass that has expired. I'm not sure however if this has changed.

They should deny entrance on a fastpass that has yet to hit it's return time, even just a couple minutes. It's often a pain wiggling through the droves people waiting for their time period to become active. I wish they would direct folks AWAY from the fast pass return queue.

Catzle
05-22-2007, 10:38 PM
We just got back Sunday and a couple of times we used them later than the time. I actually asked a CM because once we were there on time the ride was down, space moutain, and another my husband got sick from a ride, EE and they said that it was fine to use them after the time alloted.

mttafire
05-23-2007, 12:15 AM
When we have used fast passes it was like a get on free card....The C.M.'s NEVER really checked it very well. I dont know if we used an expired one or not but we certainly could have if we wanted to.

PirateLover
05-23-2007, 12:47 AM
I guess we're the only suckers who honor our allotted window. I mean that's the point of it, isn't it? Why bother enforcing the start time if you aren't going to enforce the end time? I noticed that fast pass lines actually seemed a little longer than usual on this trip. I wonder if people were coming back with the wrong times? I can see a leeway of maybe an hour... but multiple hours late or an entire day later? Sorry Wacky but I can't say I agree with that ;)

NJDad
05-23-2007, 06:13 AM
I dunno. You promise people a ride and if you start turning them down because they're late (at a place where it's fairly easy to lose track of time or experience delays you didn't expect) it doesn't make good business sense. You want your guests to experience the happiest place on earth feeling, especially if it doesn't cost the corporation any additional profits.

SurferStitch
05-23-2007, 06:48 AM
No PirateLover, you are not the only sucker!

DH and I have actually never even considered going back after the window has expired. We always figured if that's the window they gave us, it's up to us to get back during that window. If we missed it, we'd just get another FP.

It's just never crossed our minds that it would be okay to use an expired FP. I thought that was the whole reason for giving a window. Oh well, at least now I know that if we are 15 or 30 minutes late, we'll still be okay (even though I'd still feel a little guilty using it). I wouldn't even dream of using one that's a day old. And yes, I have also noticed that FP lines are longer than they used to be, although I don't know if that's due to more people being aware of FP, or more people just using expired FP's.

sbreech
05-23-2007, 06:48 AM
I dunno. You promise people a ride and if you start turning them down because they're late (at a place where it's fairly easy to lose track of time or experience delays you didn't expect) it doesn't make good business sense. You want your guests to experience the happiest place on earth feeling, especially if it doesn't cost the corporation any additional profits.

I think the fast pass promises a quick ride within the allotted window printed on the ticket. If you cannot make it, there is always the regular line, or get a fast pass ticket for another time.

big blue and hairy
05-23-2007, 07:13 AM
I don't have a problem with letting people use an expired fastpass from the same day, but I am surprised WDW allows a day or two old pass. That seems a little extreme....

:sulley:

allie_to_you
05-23-2007, 08:03 AM
I agree that if Disney is going to print an allotted time on the tickets then they ought to enforce that time. Having people just show up whenever they want, even if their ticket is expired is why fastpass lines have become a lot less "fast" these days!

I'm another one of those suckers I guess who just uses their fastpass for the alloted time.

indytraveler
05-23-2007, 09:40 AM
They should deny entrance on a fastpass that has yet to hit it's return time, even just a couple minutes. It's often a pain wiggling through the droves people waiting for their time period to become active. I wish they would direct folks AWAY from the fast pass return queue.

This has always been a sore subject with me. You have a group of 15-20 people that are 5-10 min early and they stand in front of the fast pass line arguing with the CM about letting them on and it won't hurt anyone. Meanwhile, you have a valid time FP and can't get thru. By the time you get to the CM they are fed up and start letting on the people so they can be done with the situation. Don't get me started on what happens next when your party of 5 gets in the middle of that group with only 2-3 people in front of you. :offtopic: :twocents: :soapbox: Sorry I got off topic a little.

We try to honor FP times within an hour of the "expired" time. I guess we plan our day inside the parks to utilize them the way they were intended.

DShultz
05-23-2007, 10:24 AM
and I think they should have fairly strict enforcement of the FastPass time window. To not do this invites abuse. FastPass is a convinience and by Disney giving you a guaranteed "no wait" time you have an obligation to come back at the time they give you. Towards the end of the night at MK I came across a group who had collected multiple FP during the day (crowds were somewhat thin) and were using them all at the end of the day for one last SplashM, BTR, Space Mtn etc. tour right before the park closed.

I think FP rocks - works great to let people catch those "can't miss" rides. It does take a little bit of thought and planning to use effectively - I wouldn't be heading to TomorrowLand if I had a Splash FP in 1/2 hour. If the rules are not followed (and enforced) it's only a matter of time before the system breaks down and a potentially much worse system gets moved in - probably at additional cost.

SurferStitch
05-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Towards the end of the night at MK I came across a group who had collected multiple FP during the day (crowds were somewhat thin) and were using them all at the end of the day for one last SplashM, BTR, Space Mtn etc. tour right before the park closed.

That's a really good example of potential abuse. I never even thought that people would do that, but it makes total sense, and as long as expired FP's are accepted, it's easy to accumulate them during the day to use all at once. It's not right, but it's do-able. :(

magicman
05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
If WDW begins strict enforcement of the FP return time, get ready for the parks to look like the Boston Marathon as folks scamper to rides to try and not miss their time.
:hurdle: :hurdle: :hurdle: :hide2: :hurdle: :hurdle: :hurdle:

I think WDW has the right policy in place.

TheRustyScupper
05-23-2007, 02:38 PM
. . . If WDW begins strict enforcement of the FP return time, get ready for the parks to look like the Boston Marathon as folks scamper to rides to try and not miss their time . . .

1) Yep.
2) I want them to really enforce the times.
3) It is not only convenience, but ride capacity control.
4) Sometimes the FP line is longer than Stand-By.

IMHO: You have a posted time. You know the schedule. If you are late because you are eating or on other rides, you deserve to miss out.

magicman
05-23-2007, 02:45 PM
1) Yep.
2) I want them to really enforce the times.
3) It is not only convenience, but ride capacity control.
4) Sometimes the FP line is longer than Stand-By.

IMHO: You have a posted time. You know the schedule. If you are late because you are eating or on other rides, you deserve to miss out.

...But is it worth somebody getting hurt?

PirateLover
05-23-2007, 03:36 PM
...But is it worth somebody getting hurt?

Why would people get hurt? There is no need to run around if you just schedule your day so that you are in the general area of where your fastpass will be in the allotted time. This is what we have always done. Don't go over to Splash Mountain when your Space Mountain fastpass opens up in 30 minutes. It's really not that hard to do.

magicman
05-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Why would people get hurt? There is no need to run around if you just schedule your day so that you are in the general area of where your fastpass will be in the allotted time. This is what we have always done. Don't go over to Splash Mountain when your Space Mountain fastpass opens up in 30 minutes. It's really not that hard to do.

Have you ever driven faster than the posted speed because you're late? Surprisingly, a few people actually speed when they're running late although they "should just schedule their day so that they are in the general area of where they need to be at the allotted time".;) :D

Clotho
05-23-2007, 04:48 PM
I guess I must be one of the biggest geniuses in the park, then! Wow! I never knew I was sooooo freakin' smart! Somehow *I* manage to use My Fastpass within the allotted window EVERY TIME. And without feeling like I was running a marathon to do it, either. Wow. Amazing. I need to figure out what I am doing and patent it and SELL IT! I had no idea it was so HARD! And so DANGEROUS! To think I was doing this without a net...*shaking head*

:thedolls:

PirateLover
05-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Have you ever driven faster than the posted speed because you're late? Surprisingly, a few people actually speed when they're running late although they "should just schedule their day so that they are in the general area of where they need to be at the allotted time".;) :D

I think the situations are completely different. You are already IN the park and there are attractions and places to eat almost everywhere so I find it is fairly easy to get to the ride within your given window. I did mention earlier that I could understand a leeway of up to an hour, but after that it gets a little ridiculous. If your fast pass was for a 12pm-1pm ride on Space and you're showing up at 8:55pm when the park closes at 9, I think that is unacceptable. And for the record, no, I've never sped somewhere because I was running late. Usually when I'm running late it's because I'm stuck in traffic. ;)

magicman
05-23-2007, 05:06 PM
I think the situations are completely different. You are already IN the park and there are attractions and places to eat almost everywhere so I find it is fairly easy to get to the ride within your given window. I did mention earlier that I could understand a leeway of up to an hour, but after that it gets a little ridiculous. If your fast pass was for a 12pm-1pm ride on Space and you're showing up at 8:55pm when the park closes at 9, I think that is unacceptable. And for the record, no, I've never sped somewhere because I was running late. Usually when I'm running late it's because I'm stuck in traffic. ;)

I surrender.:giveup:
Personally, I think it would help the FP queues if there was a "hard return time"; however, I'd be really surprised if WDW instituted the "hard return time" because of the fear someone might get pushed down, a lawsuit would ensue, a jury would award zillions, and the earth might spin off its axis.

By the way, keep up the good driving.;)

psychotekkie
05-23-2007, 08:13 PM
I don't think it has to be so black and white. If they are going to change their policy and really reinforce the fp time windows, they will probably extend the window to 2 hours. Why do I say "2" in particular? Well, that would give patrons plenty of time to get out of other ride lines or finish a meal. Yet it would still keep people within a reasonable timeframe so that the ride queues don't get crazy at the end of the day and after parades or whatever.

Come on! This is Disney we are talking about! Disney is the world expert on making their customers feel happy, and good. They don't want people running around the parks, missing fastpasses and feeling cranky and ripped off. It would wreck their image. I am sure there will be some kind of compromise.:mickey:

Seasonscraps
05-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Not enforcing the return window is my biggest pet peeve with FP. There is no way to control the lines if people return when ever they feel like it. That means there are longer FP lines and longer stand by lines.

There is even a statement on the back of the pass that states "Please enter the FASTPASS entrance at the attraction between the times noted on the other side." How do I know? Because I missed my window for Kali River Rapids and kept the FP as a momento.

I hardly think that enforcing their stated rules will result in a this mass hysteria of people running to and fro trying to make their FP times. People know when the return window is before they even draw the pass. If you have dining plans, plan to attend a parade or if that's when you planned to be someplace else during the return window, don't take a FP.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Of those that stick with their assigned return times.
I guess we're "old school" but we feel rules are made to give the largest number of people the opportunity to have a good time; not to provide a challenge to those who specialize in finding ways to circumvent them to make sure THEY have a good time.

Just my :twocents:

magicofdisney
05-24-2007, 12:40 AM
I don't think the abuse would be so wide spread if it weren't for CMs coming on line and telling the world they're required/allowed to accept expired FP. Not that I specifically blame CMs, they're just doing what they're told I just don't think a global announcement is necessary.

NJDad
05-24-2007, 06:39 AM
If someone uses their fast pass at 7:30 PM instead of 4:40 pm, how does that make the wait any longer at the end of the day?

If you ride the ride after their FP return time and before they get around to it-your wait time is one group shorter.

If you ride after, it should be exactly the same whether they did it 'on time' or not.

Wells
05-24-2007, 07:15 AM
If someone uses their fast pass at 7:30 PM instead of 4:40 pm, how does that make the wait any longer at the end of the day?

If you ride the ride after their FP return time and before they get around to it-your wait time is one group shorter.

If you ride after, it should be exactly the same whether they did it 'on time' or not.
This is a very narrow view of the problem caused by allowing guests to use Fast Passes that have expired and would only be true if there were only two guests in the park.
This is not a matter of how many guests ride a particular ride during the course of the entire day, it is about Disney’s attempt to provide a better park experience for all by minimizing the time spent by any guest waiting in line. The number of Fast Passes issued for each window is based on the attraction capacity, popularity, and expected wait times for a particular time of day. In other words, it is not intended to be a “go to the front of the line” pass, it is supposed to create a more even distribution of guests visiting a particular attraction over the course of the day thereby reducing the wait time not only for Fast Pass holders, but for the guest waiting in the standby queue as well. Allowing guests to use expired Fast Passes defeats the purpose of the system, usually resulting in extended wait times for everyone.
Fortunately, a large majority of guests do use their Fast Passes during the assigned return window so the system, by and large, works like it is supposed to so Disney has allowed guests to use passes which have expired. But it is getting to be a more common occurrence to the point where it is starting to be a problem at some attractions, which is prompting Disney to begin a stricter policy of enforcement.

Rustin Allison
05-24-2007, 09:01 AM
I have never seen a lax enforcement of the Fast Pass policy. Whenever I have used Fast Pass, even if I was a minute early the CM wouldn't let me on. THis didn't bother me because waiting a minute longer is still much better than waiting in line. If I happen to miss the Fast Pass time, I just get another Fast Pass. The thing that bothers me are the people who go from the fast pass machines to the fast pass lines and expect to get immediately on the ride.

Rustin Allison

katzctkpt
05-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Over the past 2 yrs we have always used our FP during the times indicated but, if I'd known that they honored expired FP I would've used my FP on KRR at AK. We stood in line 2 different times w/2 different FP and was turned away due to a potential T-Storm w/lightening the 1st time and the 2nd time the ride broke down. So, I could see where that type of circumstance would allow an expired one to be used if problem occured during your FP Time.

True Disney Fan
05-24-2007, 11:21 AM
:confused: I personally can't understand why there would be confusion over a "FP". The whole plan was to have lines moving more smoothly by allowing guests to get a pass and return at a time noted for a ride.

Unfortunately, there will always be those people whom,probably since kindergarten days, have never thought they need to follow rules or instructions. These same people will be the very ones to possibly cause FP privileges to be eliminated all together. They will be the ones to make the loudest noise and biggest gestures:mad: when we all have to go back to waiting in long lines for a fun ride.

Most of Disney guests can make their time on time and not have a problem. Those,that cannot, just need to miss the ride or go get another pass and go at the proper time. Not late or as one previous guest stated,"the next day".

Staff members need to crack down and enforce rules at all rides, not just some. If some guest get their feelings hurt, they will live over it. :mickey:

Stickey
05-24-2007, 11:33 AM
In its current form, the FP return time is a guideline, not a rule. The start time is enforced. A staggered return pattern is not likely to cause longer FP lines. Any apparent increase in FP lines is due to an increase in the utilization of the FP system. Each ride's queue determines the efficiency of balancing FP and stand-by admittance. It is probable that Disney evaluated the possible affects of allowing an open-ended return time of FP's and concluded that this is not a concern.

There are several examples of serious guest abuses that occur regularly at WDW, returning beyond the one hour FP window is NOT one of them. The new FP scanning system will enable Disney to prevent problems from fraudulant FP's(as sold on E-Bay) and will provide an opportunity to analyze the utilization patterns of FP returns.

The current FP return policy is positive for WDW business and guest satisfaction purposes. For Disney, a flexible FP return time reduces the burden on CM's, allows guests to enjoy the parks and spend time and $ at TS/CS/snack cart locations, and it avoids numerous confrontations and disgruntled guests. For example, you return late due to a ride delay/breakdown, ride waits that are LONGER than the listed wait time, or slow moving food lines.

For guests, you can return at the allotted window, or you can maximize your activities in the parks without worrying about returning beyond the one hour FP window. The potential downside of hordes returning late is minimal.

Belle_0717
05-24-2007, 01:27 PM
We had two for RnRC. My husband asked "what happens if we are late?" to one CM and she said you have TO BE BACK within the hour. Then when we returned to ride, the CM let me through and I started with "I'm a little late" (it was about 15-20 minutes after the end time. Guess it depends on who you deal with.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-24-2007, 08:06 PM
What about if you return during your fast pass time and the ride is down. And STAYS down for the whole hour of your fast pass. Should you have to stand there and wait for the whole hour on the off chance that it opens? And should you not be allowed on if it opens after your fast pass time? Just curious......

disneymom2000
05-24-2007, 09:53 PM
It is as simple as reading your Fast Pass. If you are suppose to be there between 3 & 4, then that is when you get there. I wouldn't expect them to honor a pass an hour later that the timeframe or anytime outside what is printed. People are just spoiled into getting their way no matter if it puts someone else out of not. That is just the way of society now. I have seen people cussing at a cm because the people themselves caused the problem, not the cm. If people continue on this way, they might just take away the fastpass and make everyone stand in the long lines again. Personnally - I think if you give a cm trash because of your timing problem, then you should be dinged and not allowed fastpasses the rest of your trip.:rant:

PirateLover
05-24-2007, 10:32 PM
What about if you return during your fast pass time and the ride is down. And STAYS down for the whole hour of your fast pass. Should you have to stand there and wait for the whole hour on the off chance that it opens? And should you not be allowed on if it opens after your fast pass time? Just curious......

Well generally when you are on a ride when it breaks down for a substantial period you are given a pass to come back later or use on another ride. I would have no problem with giving these passes to those who return to use their Fast Pass and find the ride down.

We are all extremely lucky that Disney does not charge extra for this service. Almost every other theme park I can think of charges for similar services. So I guess I just appreciate the fact that they have a great system in place, and I return to the line when I am asked to.

larandtra
05-24-2007, 10:48 PM
One of these threads rolls around every couple of months. WDW has been utilizing FP for quite some time and even with more people knowing they can use expired ones, there does not appear to be any issues with the system. The system is not breaking and everything appears to be OK every time we go. I dont see much difference in the lines at close at E ticket attractions now as I did 3 years ago. I think sometimes we worry about the worse case scenario, which is not occurring.

DisneyGiant
05-24-2007, 11:35 PM
One of these threads rolls around every couple of months. WDW has been utilizing FP for quite some time and even with more people knowing they can use expired ones, there does not appear to be any issues with the system. The system is not breaking and everything appears to be OK every time we go. I dont see much difference in the lines at close at E ticket attractions now as I did 3 years ago. I think sometimes we worry about the worse case scenario, which is not occurring.

Exactly.

We tend to always go after the window of the fast past. We know its "legal" and since we travel in a pack of 8 - its easier for us, as we wait on a line somewhere else, and don't feel pressured running to the attraction to make our time.

We do this - cause its allowed and is not cheating the system. I feel no bit of guilt what-so-ever.

We've never tried to use the fast passes the next day though. If we haven't used them by the time we're going to leave the park - we'll give them away to the first nice people we see.

disneydaisy
05-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Wow! After reading all of the remarks, I guess I'm not surprised by some. I am dissappointed that the "It's all about me" attitude gets carried into DW. It is probably my biggest pet peave with people. It's on the roads "Road Rage", in the stores, in our children that are growing up and going into the working world. People just have no respect for other people or other people's time. They feel that their time is more important than anyone elses and therefore don't really feel a need for time management. I would love to see the FP enforced so that these people realize that yes there are other people in the world, and yes their time is equally important. Meanwhile, I will continue to use my FP within the allotted time and schedule my time to do so. It's not difficult. It also teaches my DD that rules are rules and that yes there are other people in this world besides her that they count too.

big blue and hairy
05-25-2007, 07:33 AM
I think some folks are getting a bit worked up over this. Obviously, according to Disney cast members and memos, the beginning time is hard and fast, but the end time is not. If Disney officially isn't enfoircing the end time, then no one is breaking the rules!! Lighten up on this one. I agree with the fact that a lot of people have a "me first, to heck with everyone else" attitude, but it doesn't apply here. Disney set the rules.

DisneyGiant
05-25-2007, 08:40 AM
I think some folks are getting a bit worked up over this. Obviously, according to Disney cast members and memos, the beginning time is hard and fast, but the end time is not. If Disney officially isn't enfoircing the end time, then no one is breaking the rules!! Lighten up on this one. I agree with the fact that a lot of people have a "me first, to heck with everyone else" attitude, but it doesn't apply here. Disney set the rules.

Thanks for this. :)

I know I'm considerate of other people, even though I deliberately go back late for fast pass. ;)

klynch7
05-25-2007, 08:53 AM
I wish I had known this. I still have some from the last few times we went that we missed the timeframe on so I just saved them.

TheMartellFamily
05-25-2007, 09:03 AM
When we ususally get our FP it is hours a head of time. So if we get to the FP at 9am the ride is not ususally until let say noon or later. We see it as enough time to get things done and be back by our aloted time for the ride. We feel that this is a system that was given to help in the structure to help it keep running smoothly and we adhear to it so it works for every one else. I do not like it when at closing time the lines are so long when you know they are FP times for 1pm. My thing is if you are not going to use it for the time given then why did you get it in the first place? I know if there is a given time after to be late like 30 minutes due to unseen curcumstances, not hours after, it seem like abuse of the system then. of course this is my personal opinion!!

Clotho
05-25-2007, 02:04 PM
As I understand it, the reason the CM's allow people to come after the time window has more to do with not wanting to have to say "no" to the patrons. They are being courteous to avoid confrontation. They are allowing you to cheat the system so you don't yell at them or hold up the line or feel like Disney didn't let you have your magical day.

Now YOU maybe wouldn't do that, but the policy to allow it is in place to try and keep down the occurrences in which they have to deal with people who will blow up at them for hearing "no".

And of course there is plain old instances described before, where you honestly forgot your return time, got delayed, the ride was down when you came to ride, etc. But they can't always suss the honest mistakes from those actively abusing the system. So they take the stance of everyone getting through no matter what.

Now, some folks figured out this little loophole and use it to their advantage. But there is an end time listed on those cards for a reason. Otherwise, WHY have a window at all? This is the thing that no one has been interested in answering. If they system REALLY does work on the premise that there is a beginning time, but no need for an end time to the window, then WHY HAVE IT? I think a lot of people who want to use the FP system however it benefits them most conveniently ignore this little detail, and take advantage of the kindness of Disney's CM policies...

DisneyGiant
05-27-2007, 03:15 AM
Now, some folks figured out this little loophole and use it to their advantage. But there is an end time listed on those cards for a reason. Otherwise, WHY have a window at all? This is the thing that no one has been interested in answering. If they system REALLY does work on the premise that there is a beginning time, but no need for an end time to the window, then WHY HAVE IT? I think a lot of people who want to use the FP system however it benefits them most conveniently ignore this little detail, and take advantage of the kindness of Disney's CM policies...

I am going to be sure to ask some of the CMs when I visit there in - oh - 25 days!!!! :mjump: Can you tell I can't wait? :blush:

Should they say that its an abuse for me to return later than the time alloted - (we usually return an hour or so after the time - so if it says 1-2 when I receive it in the am - (cause we usually go when its really crowded and our fast pass return times are usually more than 1 hour) and I have an ADR for the same time - so I go later) - then I will try to avoid that practice...... unless Main Street Jim gets here first to tell me what the "official" policy is.........