PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris and Virgin Vacations

DisneyDudet
05-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Hi all!

I didn't know where to put this, so I thought this was best.

We are looking into going to Paris in December. We found a great deal on Virgin Vacation's website. We are hesitant to book because we don't know any flight times or anything, plus it will be my best friend and I going, and we'll be 24 by that time.

I was wondering if anyone has used this service?

Also, we are wanting to visit Disneyland Paris (of course!) and was wondering if anyone had any info on that.. .its so new to me!!

Thanks... and feel free to move this to where it should be!

Beast_fanatic
05-23-2007, 11:16 PM
I haven't used Virgin Vacations, but they are very big in the UK. Hopefully someone will be along soon that has used them.

And, as far as Disneyland Paris, there are lots of previous threads on that topic here in Mousellaneous. Just search this forum and you should find quite a bit of information.

DisneyDudet
05-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Well, we booked two days ago!! We now have confirmation of our flights and are awaiting confirmation for our hotel!!

I'm going to have to dig REALLY hard to get some DLP info... its few and far between! I looked at their map and it looks pretty similar, just a lot smaller.

Is it true they're getting a Tower of Terror? Its so hard to get information on it, even their website has very little info...

MPLSguy
05-24-2007, 01:22 PM
I just got back last week from spending two night at the Sequoia Lodge (like the Wilderness Lodge in WDW, but ALOT smaller and not as impressive). Got to DLP on a Sunday morning @ 9AM, checked in to the hotel and got to the Studios around 11AM. And by 4PM I had seen every show and done every ride in the Studios. The Tower or Terror is still under construction and sched to open in 2008.
Spent a few hours walking around the Disney Village (no impressed and nothing like Pleasure Island in WDW). On Monday went to Disneyland at 10AM (opening) and by 3PM had been into every land and rode every ride, and still had to "kill" time until dinner which I had at a restaurant called Walts on Main Street.
My overall impression of the who experience was un-impressed and rather dissapointing, but you be the judge. It was good for a once in a life time trip, but I'd rather spend the $$ in WDW or California anytime.

DisneyDudet
05-26-2007, 08:05 PM
I understand that I will not be as impressed with it as I am w/ DLR and WDW, but, I want to experience it. I saw a seminar on Disney Castles on the Disney Cruise this past Jan, and I've acquired a new found respect for the castles and fell in love with the DLP version as they talked about it.

We're just spending two days there, and we're staying in the Latin Quarter of Paris, so we aren't there the whole time.

Any hints on how to attack it and cheap ways of eating there are WELL appreciated!

MPLSguy
06-01-2007, 01:54 PM
If it is not to busy (I understand the weekends are a zoo at both parks) I would suggest going to the Studios (that will take half a day at the most) and spend a whole day in Disneyland. There are alot of interesting sights to see in DL so you can just take your time and enjoy.